This Mandarin Orange Salad And 4 Ingredient Mandarin Orange Dressing is out of this world delicious! It’s especially pretty and colorful on the table too!
Is there really such a thing as ‘salad season’? We enjoy salads year round in our home but for some reason we get more excited about them in the spring and summer. Is it like that at your house too?
My Mandarin Orange Salad rest on a bed of iceberg lettuce. I like to crisp the lettuce so my salads have that crunch we like to bite into.
If you have enjoyed salads in restaurants with lots of yummy ingredients like mandarin oranges, you already know about the flavor explosion.
Iceberg lettuce is easy to crisp. Wash your lettuce and place it into a large colander in the sink. Top with lots of ice. Allow the lettuce to crisp for about 30 minutes. Drain on paper toweling.
Prepare your salad. I like to hand tear my iceberg lettuce into small bite size pieces. Have you ever had one of those awkward moments when dining with friends and you just keep getting too much lettuce on your fork for a proper bite?
This is a very simple salad with only a few easy ingredients.
Mandarin Orange Salad Ingredients
- Iceberg lettuce
- Boiled egg
- 1 small can Mandarin Oranges, drained
Do you make your own salad dressings often? It’s really the best! I took a dressing recipe we use all the time and adapted it to add a hint of mandarin orange flavor. The flavor outcome was exactly what I’d hoped for. This is such a simple recipe, I had to share.
- Iceberg lettuce
- 1 boiled egg
- 1 can Mandarin oranges, drained (reserve the juice)
- MANDARIN ORANGE DRESSING INGREDIENTS
- 1 Tbsp. of mandarin orange juice (reserved from draining the canned oranges)
- 3 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Cup Mayonaisse
- Wash the lettuce and drain.
- Cut up tomato into bite size pieces.
- Chop boiled egg.
- Layer salad ingredients beginning with lettuce and ending with mandarin oranges.
- PREPARE DRESSING
- Mix all ingredients together blending well. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for several hours prior to serving.
Only 4 ingredients in this Mandarin Orange Dressing recipe. Be sure to drain the juice from the can of mandarin oranges. You will need 1 Tbsp. for the dressing recipe. This is a make ahead recipe. You will want the flavors to marinade for several hours prior to serving. I love anything make ahead, don’t you!
We share at these parties.
More Salad ideas from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Welcome Spring Blog Hop - March 19, 2018
- 7 Ways To Repurpose Jars Into Home Decor (Merry Monday 196) - March 18, 2018
- Whimsical Easter Bunny Flower Pail Decor - March 15, 2018