I’m celebrating the beginning of fall with my Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake! Only 5 ingredients including fall favorites; allspice, pumpkin and pecans.
This Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake is so easy to prepare, you’ll only need one bowl. No big mess in the kitchen to clean up and it makes the house smell like Fall while it is cooking.
There is so much to love about the Fall season. Crisp cool evening perfect for bonfires and roasting marshmallows, hot chocolate, walks through the woods kicking leaves and snuggling a little closer. The beautiful colors of Fall decor which mimic God’s paintbrush as the world of trees show their true colors.
Recipes made with Pumpkins and Apples seasoned with cinnamon and spices allow us to enjoy those Fall feels in our food. A nice way to enjoy a delicious Fall dessert is this easy to make Pumpkin Coffee Cake. The Pecan Streusal topping only adds to the goodness of this recipe.
I make it my smaller round Crockpot and it comes out looking like I baked it in the oven in a cake pan. Did I already mention how yummy and delicious this makes the house smell while it is cooking?
When baking in the crockpot, be sure to stretch a dish towel across the top and then place the lid on. The towel will absorb the excess moisture which tends to build up in the crockpot during the cooking time. This is a good trick for cooking anything in the crockpot but if you are cooking something for a long time, the towel will become wet and drip onto the counter. Experience is the best teacher!
The allspice combined with the pumpkin gives this coffee cake that fall flavor explosion we all love! Those crunchy pecans on top make it all the better. I like pecan halves but you can chop them more fine if you like.
- 1 box cinnamon streusel bread mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 8 oz. canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Line the bottom of the crockpot with aluminum foil, coming up the sides just a bit (this will keep the bottom from burning)
- Spray the foil and crockpot with non stick spray
- Set crockpot on high heat
- Set the streusel mix aside from the boxed mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients together and stir well by hand
- Pour the cake batter into the crockpot
- Top with the streusel mix, spreading evenly across the top
- Top with the chopped pecans
- Cover the top of the crockpot with a dish towel and then place the lid on top of the dish towel. (this will absorb the excess moisture which builds up)
- Cook on high heat for approximately one hour.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cooking times may vary depending on your crockpot.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Clever Ways To Repurpose Clothes Hangers For Storage - January 21, 2020
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020