Check out what’s happening This Weekend in Middle Georgia and beyond, on and off the beaten path.
Welcome to our very first edition of What’s happening around middle Georgia and beyond page. Publication of the new listings will occur generally each Thursday. Check back often for updates and additions of events. To have your event considered for addition, please contact: Shirley at Shirley.firstname.lastname@example.org with subject EVENTS.
I have lived in the middle Georgia area for more than 45 years. There are so many beautiful attractions and fun family events going on. As a blogger, I’d like to help you find places to take your family in the middle Georgia area, whether it’s a staycation, vacation or a day trip.
This weekend March 5-8, 2015
- Movie in the Park at Ocmulgee National Park. Friday March 6th. Location: OUTDOORs at Visitor Center Time: 8:00 PM to 10:00 pm. FREE. Movie will be shown on outdoor screen. Bring your blanket or chairs. Concessions will be sold.
- All About Animals monthly yard sale is this Saturday. March 7th. 8am until noon. Location: 101 Riverside Dr. Macon, Ga. 31201
- Teddy Bear Clinic by Navicent Health at Museum of Arts and Sciences 4182 Forsyth Rd. Macon, Ga. Saturday (March 7th) 10am-2pm. Admission is free
- Dog Days Family Event at Bass Pro Shop: Mar 6, 7, 13, &14, 2015. Free seminars on Fridays March 6, and 13 at 6pm. Free seminars on Saturday March 7 and 14 at 11am and 2 pm.
St. Patrick’s Festival March 1-31, 2015
Events taking place Sat. March 7th. (click the link for more information) Visit the Festival website for more information here.
Warner Robins, Ga.
- Warner Robins Community Concert Association presents “Atlanta Mandolin Orchestra” on March 8, 2015, at 3:00 p.m. in the sanctuary of first United Methodist Church located at 205 N. Davis Drive, Warner Robins, Ga.
- Hellebore Days at Piccadilly Farm 1971 Whippoorwill Road, Bishop, Georgia. March 6-7 10am-4pm. Stroll the gardens and enjoy viewing a wide variety of Lenten roses(hellebores). Maps are available for self guided tours and garden hosts are available during special events. The gardens feature trails with hellebores, camellias, native plants, conifers, and many other special collections.
Pine Mountain, Ga.
- Worm Moon Night Hike at FDR State Park 2970 Ga. Highway 190 Pine Mountain, GA 31822. Guided night tour through woodlands. Geared towards ages 10 & up. Bring a flashlight, water and a snack. Dress for the weather. 3.4 moderate miles. Meet at the Callaway Gardens Country Store overlook parking lot.
PEACHES TO BEACHES YARD SALE IS NEXT WEEKEND!!!
Plan Ahead, coming soon! (check back next Thursday for more details/events)
Peaches to Beaches Yard Sale March 13-14
Bigfoot Challenge at Dauset Trails Nature Center. 360 Mt. Vernon Church Rd. Jackson, Ga. 30233
American Frontier Days at FDR State Park. March 14-15.
Living History Weekend at Andersonville. March 14-15.
Forsythia Festival. Forsyth. March 14-15.
Cherry Blossom Festival March 19- April 4. Macon
Warner Robins. Pizza with a cop. Teens are invited to have pizza with a cop on March 20, 2015 5 to 7 p.m. in the McConnell-Talbert Stadium parking lot before the Warner Robins High School vs. Northside High School baseball game. Free.
It’s Fairs and Festival season in Georgia!!
Fairs and Festivals
St. Patrick’s Festival. March 1-31. Dublin
Cherry Blossom Festival March 19-April 4. Macon.
Forsythia Festival. March 14-15. Forsyth.
St. Patrick’s Arts & Crafts Festival. Dublin. March 21.
Strawberry Festival. April 24-25. Reynolds.
To have your event considered for addition, please contact: Shirley at Shirley.email@example.com with subject EVENTS.
Come along on our Hot Dog Tour with us! My husband and I are avid hot dog fans so we are sharing our journey here on the blog on our Hot Dog Tour page. Where is your favorite place to eat hot dogs? Let us know, we may just pop in.
Follow us on social media