Happening’s in Middle Georgia & Beyond
Keeping you informed of What’s Happening On and Off The Beaten Path in Middle Georgia and beyond.
This list is updated biweekly on Thursdays.
FREE events, places and activities are always listed first.
Places (individual cities) with their events and activities are next.
State Parks and local Farmer’s Market’s are at the end of the page.
Please also see Fall Fairs & Festivals In Georgia for a comprehensive list on and off the beaten path
Free Family Fun in Middle Georgia
- Fall Fishing Event. Sept. 26-27. Macon
- Fire Truck with Safety Cards. Sept. 26th. 10am
360 Mt. Vernon Rd. Jackson, Ga. A private, non-profit nature center with Wildlife, trails and family fun for FREE!
GA Hwy 247 & Russell Parkway, Warner Robins, GA 31088. FREE! 9am-5pm, 7 days per week, 361 Days. Go Here for more information.
The B-17 has arrived! Read more about it Here.
Ocmulgee National Monument Scroll down to the Macon heading for more information.
[Tweet “Find FREE Museums and Events in Middle Ga. #exploregeorgia #museumofaviation #DausetTrails”]
Sept 26th is Museum Day Live! Free admission to THESE Museums in Georgia!!
Georgia State Parks are all Admission Free!
Parking is $5 but you can get a FREE PARKING PASS!! Check out Georgia State Park “ParkPass” and Historic Site Pass from your local library. Ask for the Park Pass to exempt the $5 parking fee. Ask for the Historic Sites Family pass which will cover up to four visitors at State historic sites operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
Places/Events On & Off The Beaten Path
Sept. 18-20, 2015. The Buggy Days Festival hosts over 100 arts and craft booths and over 25 food booths. For more information,call at (770) 358-5884. Pig Chase, Greased Pole Climb, Buggython Road Race, Parade, Beauty Pageant, Inflatables and more! Go HERE for more information.
- Fall Family Fun Days begin on Sept. 26th
- Sept. 16-20
Springer Opera House A Chorus Line begins Sept. 24th
Ride in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars. (Admission applies. Call 229-410-7937 for group reservations and rates).
Watermelon Express Train Ride (5hrs.35mins.) Enjoy this ride from our Downtown Cordele Depot to Historic Plains, the small Georgia town made famous by President Jimmy Carter.
- Sept. 11 and Sept. 18
Presidential Flyer Train Ride (6 hrs. 25 mn.) Riding in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars, you will travel from Georgia Veterans State Park, across Lake Blackshear to Plains, Archery and back. Explore President Jimmy Carter’s boyhood farm, go shopping and sample peanut butter treats.
- Sept. 12 and Nov. 21
Americus Explorer (6 hrs.) From Cordele through Ga. Veterans State Park, across Lake Blackshear, visit Historic Downtown Americus, tour Habitat for Humanity’s Global Village (Admission applies. Call 229-410-7937 for group reservations and rates). Enjoy a mix of romantic yesteryear with the excitement of today
- Sept. 5, and Sept 19
Peanut Festival Special (9am-4pm) All aboard for a wonderful adventure with fun, food and lots of peanuts. Vendors with arts and crafts will fill the park as you step off the train.
- Saturday September 26
Box Office 478-277-2560. 314 Academy Ave. Dublin, Ga.
- Atlanta Pops Orchestra Sept. 12
- Gene Watson and the Farewell Party Band Oct. 17
- First Friday concert series every first Friday of the month through October ( Sept. 4th Double Header Night TaylorMade & Sunbelt Revolution) and (Oct. 2nd, Country Night with Scott Brantley)
- Farm to Table every Saturday. 7:30-12:30
Indian Springs State Park, 678 Lake Clark Road, Flovilla, GA 30216
- Native American Festival Sept. 12-13. 9am-5pm at Indian Springs Hotel
- Sept. 19. 7:30pm. 1964 The Tribute Rolling Stone Magazine says “The best Beatles tribute on Earth” There is a reason 1964 has played to sold out audiences around the world including Carnegie Hall and Red Rocks Amphitheatre both of which have sold out more than 12 consecutive years. 1964 takes their audience on a musical journey to an era in rock history that will live forever in our hearts. Performing songs from the pre Sgt. Pepper era, 1964 astonishingly recreates an early 60’s live Beatles concert with period instruments, clothing, hairstyles and onstage banter.
- Oct. 8 7:30pm Disney’s Beauty and The Beast. Produced by NETworks Presentations, this elaborate theatrical production will come to life on stage at The Grand Opera House one night only, Oct. 8 at 7:30 p.m. This classic musical love story is filled with unforgettable characters, lavish sets and costumes, and features the Academy Award-winning score by Alan Menken including “Be Our Guest” and the beloved title song.
- On Golden Pond will be showing through-Sept. 6
- Ocmulgee Indian Celebration Sept. 19-29. 10am-6pm. Over 200 Southeastern gather to share their culture through music, dance, storytelling, living history, and art/craft demonstrations. (There is an admission Fee to attend the celebration.)
[Tweet “Ocmulgee Indian Mounds Indian Celebration is Sept. 19-20 in Macon. #VisitMacon #exploregeorgia #visitmacon”]
- Zoom Into Nano exhibit runs through Nov. 1. This award-winning hands-on interactive exhibition explores how scientists and innovators study and make things that are too small to see.
- Sept. 11, 2015. 5 pm. Central City Park (CountryWide Music Festival is a celebration of music in remembrance of September 11, 2001. Dedicated to our Military, Police, and First Responders.) Follow on Facebook for event updates.
Sept. 12th from 4-9 pm at Middle Ga. State College. Tunes & Balloons Family Fun Fest! In addition to a balloon glow (7:45-8:45pm) and tethered hot air balloon rides, there will be a variety of kids’ activities including a rock wall and inflatables, and entertainment by Laura Starling, Rewind Retry, and the MGA Jazz Band. Bring lawn chairs and a picnic basket and enjoy the Cox fireworks finale at 9pm.
Tickets are $5 per person and children ages 6 and under get in free. Tethered hot air balloon rides (6:30-8:45pm): $10 person or $5 (kids under 12). Wristbands for unlimited play on the inflatables: $10. 2 rock wall climbs: $5. Go HERE for more information.
Macon/Bibb Parks & Recreation Department Fall Movie Series
Movies show at dark at Central City Park. Bring blankets, lawn chairs and your own food and drink. Rain cancels
- 9/18 Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, NO GOOD, VERY BAD, DAY
- 10/2 Annie
- 10/18 The Dark Knight
- Sept. 26 & 27th Macon to Tennille. The Nancy Hanks Special ~ Macon, GA to Tennille, GA (two round trips per day; 8am & 2pm) A commissary car will be included on the train selling snacks, soft drinks, and light food items. A gift shop will also be featured on board for those wishing to purchase souvenir items. Tickets
11th Annual Bluegrass Festival at Andalusia Farms Oct. 10th (Home of Flannery O’Connor)
- The Diary of Anne Frank opens Sept. 11
- October 8-18
- In concert Alabama and Rascal Flatts
Perry Music Festival Sept. 19th
Peanut Festival Sept. 26
Visit Plains, Ga. with GPTV’s Georgia Traveler HERE
- Silver Dollar Bluegrass Festival Sept. 26-27 at Silver Dollar Raceway 42 Raceway Dr. Reynolds, Ga. 14 Bands! Free Camping, Arts/Crafts, Good Food. Facebook event page.
- The Zerbini Family Circus is coming to Silver Dollar Raceway! Oct. 24-25.
- Saturday Morning Guided Tours
- Wheels At War Sept. 12th 10am-3 pm A fantastic display of military vehicles from WWII forward by the Ga Military Vehicle Preservation Assoc and the Dixie Division MVPA. Admission $9-$14.
- Medal of Honor Recipient Command Sgt. Maj. Bennie G. Adkins Sept. 12th 11-2 pm. CSM Adkins, MOH recipient, will meet and greet guests from 11am-noon and from 1pm-2pm. This is a very rare opportunity to say thank you to one of our nations heroes.
- Aquarium is open to the public 8am-4pm daily. Closed on national holidays
Museums in Warm Springs
Museum of Aviation located at GA. Hwy 247 at Russell Parkway is open daily 9 am-5 pm with Free Admission.
Nola Brantley Library FREE Movie Sept. 19th Noon
Sacred Heart Fall Festival Sat. Sept. 26th 9am (Arts & Crafts, Blow-Ups for the kids and my personal favorite, Grannie’s Attic)
Get a FREE ADMISSION Pass for Go Fish at Warner Robins Public Library. Go HERE for more information.
What will you find at the Farmer’s Market? Fresh produce, locally hand made products and services. You may even find pet adoptions!
When are they open? Some are only open during the summer months until early fall, some are open year round.
Contact (email@example.com) to have your market added to the list.
- Bolingbroke Farmer’s Market Every 1st, 3rd & 5th Tuesday. (Sept 15 &29) (Oct. 6 & 20)3pm-6pm. Located at Country Oaks Farm & Pet Supply 5967 Hwy. 41 S.
- Byron downtown Farmer’s & Artisans Market located in the Jailhouse alley park every Saturday 9am-12pm
- Cochran Farmer’s Market (478) 832-0674 112 N. Second St. On the courthouse lawn. Saturday’s 8 am-Noon.
- Dublin Market on Madison on Facebook. Every Saturday through October. 7:30-12:30. Downtown on Madison St.
- Macon Mulberry Market Every Wednesday 3:30- 6:30 at Tattnall Square Park
- Macon Wesleyan Market Saturday’s 9 am- 1pm On the front lawn of Wesleyan College on Forsyth Rd.
- Macon State Farmer’s Market Open daily 7am-9:30 pm. Located at 2055 Eisenhower Pkwy.
- Milledgeville Marketplace Farmer’s Market Every Tuesday next to the Golden Pantry in downtown Milledgeville.
- Perry Farmer’s Market Every Saturday, year round. 9 am- Noon. Carroll St. Downtown
- Warner Robins International City Farmer’s Market. Every Thursday, year round. 1pm until dusk (6:30ish) Watson Blvd. at Maple St. Perkins Park.
GEORGIA STATE PARKS (in Middle Ga.)
F.D. Roosevelt State Park. ($5 parking)
- Farmer’s Market. Saturdays 10:30 AM – 2:30 PM – until Sep 5, 2015Sat. Sept. 5, 6, & 19. Watch wading birds and enjoy the setting sun in this peaceful, ranger-led 3 mile canoe trip to Buck Creek. This program is open to adults and children 8 years or older who are accompanied by an adult. Reservations required.
- Lake Franklin Boat Flotilla Pre-register to join hands and paddles and help us set a float record. Rent a canoe or kayak for a water gathering at 12:30 pm. Saturday, Sep 26, 2015 9 AM to 3 PM
Indian Springs State Park ($5 parking)
Follow Indian Springs State Park on Facebook
- Tour the Museum The museum is open for tours the first Sat. of each month from 2-4pm.
- The Village at Indian Springs is open! You will find Big Chief Country Store, Daisy Pearl’s Boutique, Ladybugs & Tadpoles Children’s Store, Mrs. Lee’s Stagecoach Sweet Stop, Vintage Post Antiques & Gifts and Watkins Outfitters.
Jarrell Plantation Historic Site
- Spruce up the Herb Garden
Did you know that you can check out Georgia State Park “ParkPass” and Historic Site Pass from your local library. Ask for the Park Pass to exempt the $5 parking fee. Ask for the Historic Sites Family pass which will cover up to four visitor at State historic sites operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
The Fishing Tackle Loaner Program of The Wildlife Resources Division provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices
Georgia State Parks Money saving Special discounts page can be found HERE.
[Tweet “Get a Free Parking Pass for Ga. State Parks #exploregeorgia “]
- Get a FREE parking pass for an Georgia State Park at your local library. Go HERE for more information.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE