This Strawberry cake with Strawberry Buttercream frosting is the most requested cake in our family.
Although we tend to associate Strawberry recipes with the summer months, you will want this recipe for year round occasions. It is always present for either Thanksgiving or Christmas at our house.
My hubby, Stacy has makes an occasional appearance on the blog. Usually it’s when he makes a yummy recipe like this one!
This passed holiday season, he made this cake twice. The second time was a special request from his mother which is when he made the 2 layer cake. (Yes! My husband is such a sweetheart, he bakes for his mother!) The 3 layer cake in the photo’s is from Thanksgiving 2014.
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 (3 oz.) box of strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cups sugar
- ¼ cup self-rising flour
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh or frozen (thawed) strawberries
- 1 cup oil
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Blend dry ingredients together with mixer at medium speed. Add wet ingredients and mix until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Pour into prepared cake pans. (Use either 2 9" round or 3 8" round pans)
- Bake according to package directions for the white cake mix. Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean when cake is done.
- Cool and frost with Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting
Because we were so very busy preparing for the Thanksgiving meal, I didn’t really take the time to make good blog worthy pictures, sorry. I did feel that I simply had to take a slice picture, the day after Thanksgiving using my beautiful Christmas cactus as a prop. I have no idea why the Christmas cactus always blooms at Thanksgiving but it does!
Notice in the picture of the slice just how moist this cake is! This is one of the best cake recipes you will find. Just exactly the right amount of flavor and moistness with the most scrumptious Strawberry Buttercream Frosting!
Here is your free printable recipe for the Strawberry Butter Cream Frosting
Add the ingredients to your grocery list and make plans for a cup of coffee, a slice of cake and conversation with a friend!
What is the most requested cake recipe in your family? I am sure it is the source of big smiles!
- Mocha Chocolate Cake with Malted Caramel Icing recipe
- Redhot Patriotic Poke Cupcakes
- Rainbow Layer Cake
- Mocha Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Shared at these blog parties: Wake Up Wednesday #50, Creative Spark #36, Hump Day Happenings #44, Create It Thursday #88, Pin Worthy Wednesday #16, On Display Thursday #25, Foodie Friday #28, Foodie Friends Friday Linky Party #129, Pretty Pintastic, Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party #40, My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday, Friendship Friday Blog Party #154, Pin Junkie Pin Party #99, Scraptastic Saturday Party, Motivational Monday #11, Sunday Funday
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Unique DIY Pumpkin Ideas & Merry Monday Link Up Party #172 - September 17, 2017
- Seven Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas - September 16, 2017
- How To Make Charlie Brown Cookies - September 13, 2017