This Caramel cake recipe has been a family favorite for many years.
More Dessert Recipes with Pecans:
- Apple Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake with Apple Cream Cheese Icing
- Classic Watergate Salad
- Triple Nut Bar Cookies
- Crescent Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Drizzle
- ½ Cup unsalted butter (NOT Margarine)
- 1 Box Butter recipe cake mix
- 1 tsp. instant cappuccino (optional)
- 1⅓ Cups water
- 2 tsp. vanilla (I use Watkins Clear Vanilla)
- 3 large eggs
Preheat your oven to 350.
Prepare you cake pans. I always grease and flour the cake pans. I use three 8” round pans for this cake.
In 1 qt. saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until golden brown. You will almost burn the butter but not quite. It should have nice brown specks in it.
Remove from heat and cool for about 15 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, melted and browned butter, water, vanilla and eggs on low just until blended. Then on medium for about 2 minutes. (You will see the brown flecks from the butter).
Pour cake batter into prepared pans.
Bake about 20-25 minutes depending on your oven, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool completely before frosting
Download or Print Caramel Icing Recipe
The pictures in this post are of cakes I made for family events in recent years. None of them are professionally posed pics which is what I like the most!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Adorable Advent Calendar Easy Christmas Craft - November 20, 2019
- Easy To Create Red Wagon Christmas Decor - November 18, 2019
- Cheap And Easy Cardboard Box Snowman Bean Bag Toss Game - November 18, 2019