This Caramel cake recipe has been a family favorite for many years.
- ½ Cup butter (NOT Margarine)
- 1 Box Butter recipe cake mix
- 1 tsp. instant cappuccino (optional)
- 1⅓ Cups water
- 2 tsp. vanilla (I use Watkins Clear Vanilla)
- 3 large eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Prepare you cake pans with grease and flour. I use three 8” round pans for this cake.
- In 1qt. saucepan, melt butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until golden brown. You will almost burn the butter but not quite. It should have nice brown specs in it.
- Remove from heat and cool for about 15 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, beat together the cake mix, browned butter, water, vanilla and eggs on low just until blended. Then on medium for about 2 minutes. (You will see the brown flecks from the butter).
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans.
- Bake about 20-25 minutes depending on your oven, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting
Download or Print Caramel Icing Recipe
The pictures in this post are of cakes I made for family events in recent years. None of them are professionally posed pics which is what I like the most!
More from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 12 Things To Know Before Visiting A Corn Maze Plus Our Big Georgia List - September 22, 2017
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017