- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp. Yeast
- 1 Tbsp/ Sugar
- 3 Cups bread flour (white, wheat, rye, whichever you prefer)
- 2½ Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. powdered milk
- ½ Stick butter, melted
- 1tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Put all dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- While on medium, add the melted butter and egg
- Gradually add the yeast mixture, mixing as you go.
- It will be elastic when ready which should only take a couple of minutes.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can mix ingredients together and knead by hand about 7 to 10 minutes until elastic.
- Place your dough into a glass bowl and allow to rise until it doubles in size. You may want to cover the bowl with plastic wrap to keep the exterior from becoming hard.
- Allow the dough to rise until about double in size.
- Form the dough into your desired roll shape
- Again, allow the rolls to rise.
- Allow rolls to double in size.
- Bake in the oven at375° about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
You can easily mix your dough by hand if you don’t have a food processor. If you’re mixing by hand, spray your hands with non stick spray to make the job easier. You’ll want to use that trick after the dough rises when you are shaping into rolls.
Allow the dough to rise to just about double in size. Then shape into rolls and allow to rise again.
It doesn’t take quite as long for the rolls to rise as it does for the dough to rise. There are factors which will affect how long it takes for dough to rise. You can speed up the process a bit by sitting it under a light such as on the stovetop with the light on.
Brush the tops with melted butter when your rolls are fresh from the oven. If you really want a treat, serve our Homemade Italian Butter with your hot rolls.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 12 Things To Know Before Visiting A Corn Maze Plus Our Big Georgia List - September 22, 2017
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017