You do not need expensive equipment in your kitchen to make Homemade Yeast Rolls. Either knead by hand or use a regular food processor. All you have to do is make these once and you’ll be hooked.
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tbsp. Yeast
- 1 Tbsp/ Sugar
- 3 Cups bread flour (white, wheat, rye, whichever you prefer)
- 2½ Tbsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. powdered milk
- ½ Stick butter, melted
- 1tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- Mix the first three ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Put all dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor.
- While on medium, add the melted butter and egg
- Gradually add the yeast mixture, mixing as you go.
- It will be elastic when ready which should only take a couple of minutes.
- If you don't have a food processor, you can mix ingredients together and knead by hand about 7 to 10 minutes until elastic.
- Place your dough into a glass bowl and allow to rise until it doubles in size. You may want to cover the bowl with plastic wrap to keep the exterior from becoming hard.
- Allow the dough to rise until about double in size.
- Form the dough into your desired roll shape
- Again, allow the rolls to rise.
- Allow rolls to double in size.
- Bake in the oven at375° about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
You can easily mix your dough by hand if you don’t have a food processor.
If you’re mixing by hand, spray your hands with non stick spray to make the job easier.
Allow the dough to rise to just about double in size. Then shape into rolls and allow to rise again.
After shaping into rolls, allow the dough to rise a second time.
Also See: Apple Banana Oat Nut Muffins recipe
Hint! You can speed up the rising process a bit by sitting the pan of rolls onto the stove top with the hood vent light on. I sit my pan close to light by placing it on top of an old style Tupperware canister.
Brush with melted butter. Serve and enjoy!
If you really want a treat try this recipe for Homemade Italian Butter along with your Homemade Yeast Rolls.
More Made From Scratch Recipes To Save
- Baked Egg & Veggie Muffin Cup Omelets
- Creamy Corn Chowder with Potatoes & Ham
- Campfire Grilled Chicken & Veggie Foil Pack Dinner
- Refreshing Strawberry Lemonade @Domestically Creative
Must Have Kitchen Tools
- Hamilton Beach 10 Cup Food Processor
- Pyrex 3 Piece Glass Measuring Set
- Rubbermaid Easy Find 42 Piece Food Storage Container Set
- Freshware Meal Prep Containers (Lunch, Bento, Portion Control)
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- DIY Outdoor Living Projects People Will Talk About (Merry Monday 205) - May 20, 2018
- Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings - May 17, 2018
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin - May 15, 2018