These Santa’s Candy Sleigh treats are super easy to make, perfect table décor and a take home treat too!
Are you looking for a new idea to entertain the children at your Christmas dinner? These adorable little Santa Candy Sleigh’s will serve double duty as table décor’ and a gift for the children attending your party.
I found the inspiration in one of my Betty Crocker Christmas cookbooks several years ago. Mine are slightly different and yours can be too with creativity. There is a link at the bottom of this post with the exact cookbook available on Amazon.I made these for our family Christmas party in 2011 for my 8 nieces and nephews. They are inexpensive and easy to make. I picked up all of the pieces at the Dollar Store. These cute little party gifts are very easy to make. Let’s get right to it!
2 Candy canes per sleigh
1 Chocolate Wrapped Santa for each sleigh
2 Twix per sleigh for the base (You can use any candy bar you choose, I used 2 Twix per sleigh)
Individual gift bags with twist tie
Small lightweight candy to fill the bags
Glue ( I used my hot glue gun)
1. Glue the base candy ( I used Twix) to the candy canes to form the base of the sleigh.
2. Glue Santa onto the base candy. Notice how I pulled the candy wrapper upwards, this is where the glue is located.
3. Fill your little gift bags and tie them with the twist tie or ribbon of your choice. These bags came with pretty gold ties, so I used those.
4. Glue the gift bag to the base of the sleigh. I dabbed glue on the bottom of the bag first. Then to help secure Santa a little better, I placed a small spot of glue on the back of Santa and attached the bag there.
Santa’s Candy Sleigh is the perfect table décor and take home gift in one! Have you made a similar treat?
You May Also Like
I'm in love with God, my husband, my two girls and all of my precious grandchildren.
I was 'raised right' in the south and am a firm believer in the Golden Rule. My favorite verse is Romans 8:28.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Honey Sweet Peach Mango Salsa &Grilled Pork Chops Menu - July 22, 2016
- Solar Floor Lamp Thrift Upcycle Challenge - July 21, 2016
- Waffle Iron Grilled Tomato & Avocado Sauce Sandwich - July 19, 2016