Happening’s in Middle Georgia & Beyond October 2015
Find the Happening’s in Middle Georgia & Beyond
NEW FORMAT!! THIS LIST WILL NOW BE PUBLISHED ONCE PER MONTH.
Stop by and check for updates throughout the month. Events are added as we receive them.
Submit your event HERE
Our newsletter is published once a week on Sunday nights
Please also see:
Fall Fairs & Festivals In Georgia for a comprehensive list
- Cowboy Day Oct. 10
- Hot Air Balloon Rally Oct. 17
- Great Outdoor Adventure Oct. 24
Battle of Byron Chilifest Oct. 27
Powersville Opry House House band every Saturday night at 4:30pm with bands following around 6 and 7pm. Go HERE for directions.
- A Chorus Line Sept. 24th-Oct. 11
- Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse Oct. 7-18
5th Annual 100 Mile Peanut Pickin’ Yard Sale
- Oct. 10
- Hwy. 41 & Hwy 33
Ride in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars. (Admission applies. Call 229-410-7937 for group reservations and rates).
Watermelon Express Train Ride Oct. 31
Presidential Flyer Train Ride Nov. 21
Americus Explorer Nov. 7
Day Out With Thomas Oct. 16,17, 18, 24 & 25
- Oct. 24
- Roche Farm & Garden
Box Office 478-277-2560. 314 Academy Ave. Dublin, Ga
- This Blood Speaks: The Key to Life is Through His Veins Oct. 10 (FREE)
- Gene Watson and the Farewell Party Band Oct. 17
- Moon Over Buffalo Oct. 23
Market on Madison
- Namaste Y’all. Free Yoga class. Oct. 10
- Farm to Table every Saturday. 7:30-12:30
- Sock Hop Oct. 10
Follow Indian Springs State Park on Facebook
Tour the Museum The museum is open for tours the first Sat. of each month from 2-4pm.
The Village at Indian Springs is open! You will find Big Chief Country Store, Daisy Pearl’s Boutique, Ladybugs & Tadpoles Children’s Store, Mrs. Lee’s Stagecoach Sweet Stop, Vintage Post Antiques & Gifts and Watkins Outfitters.
- Night of the Living Dead. Oct. 24
- Buddy Jewell. Nov. 12
Indian Springs State Park, 678 Lake Clark Road, Flovilla, GA 30216
- Blues in the Gardens Oct. 10
- 9th Annual 7 Islands Artifact ID Day Oct. 10
- Blues in the Gardens Oct. 10
- Sock Hop Oct 10
High Falls State Park
- Twlight Night Paddle Oct. 9 & 23
- Paws on the Falls Oct. 10
- Campfire Trivia and Kayaking Class Oct. 17
- Creepy Crawly Night Hike Oct. 31
- Make a Corn Shuck Doll Oct. 17
The Grand Opera House (Current Calendar)
- Disney’s Beauty and The Beast. Oct. 8
- Flashdance: The Musical Oct. 16
- The Four Tops Oct. 17
Macon Little Theatre Current Season Info Follow MLT on Facebook
- I’ll Be Back Before Midnight Oct. 16-25
- Movie in the Park. Oct. 23 (Disney’s Planes, Fire & Rescue)
- Zoom Into Nano exhibit runs through Nov. 1. This award-winning hands-on interactive exhibition explores how scientists and innovators study and make things that are too small to see.
11th Annual Bluegrass Festival at Andalusia Farms Oct. 10th (Home of Flannery O’Connor)
Tours of the Old Governor’s Mansion
Perry Players Club (909 Main Street, Perry, Georgia 31069)
- October 8-18
Wild Animal Safari
- Eye Spy Camera Scavenger Hunt Oct. 10, 17, 24 & 31
- Bird Walk Oct. 10, 17, 24 & 31
- Music & Dancing On the Mountain Oct. 10
- A Birthday Picnic with Eleanor Roosevelt Oct. 11
- Dutch Oven Cooking Class Oct. 24
- Family Camping 101 Oct. 24
- Going Batty Oct. 24
- Tailgate Party Oct. 31
- Fall Campsite Decoration Contest Oct. 31
Walking Tour of Jimmy Carter’s Boyhood Home
Visit Plains, Ga. with GPTV’s Georgia Traveler HERE
Silver Dollar Raceway
- Silver Dollar Bluegrass Festival Sept. 26-27 at Silver Dollar Raceway 42 Raceway Dr. Reynolds, Ga. 14 Bands! Free Camping, Arts/Crafts, Good Food. Facebook event page.
- The Zerbini Family Circus is coming to Silver Dollar Raceway! Oct. 24-25.
- Oct. 23-25
- Sandersville, Ga.
Roosevelt’s Little White House
- Saturday Morning Guided Tours Oct. 10, 17, 24 & 31
- The Women in FDR’s Life Oct. 23
- Fala Day Oct. 31
Warm Springs Regional Fisheries Center
- Aquarium is open to the public 8am-4pm daily. Closed on national holidays
Museums in Warm Springs
Museum of Aviation located at GA. Hwy 247 at Russell Parkway is open daily 9 am-5 pm with Free Admission.
Looking for a Corn Maze? Go HERE for our huge list!
[Tweet “Find Happenings this weekend for middle Georgia #exploregeorgia”]
Get a FREE ADMISSION Pass for Go Fish at Warner Robins Public Library. Go HERE for more information.
Georgia Travel Tips
Did you know that you can check out Georgia State Park “ParkPass” and Historic Site Pass from your local library. Ask for the Park Pass to exempt the $5 parking fee. Ask for the Historic Sites Family pass which will cover up to four visitor at State historic sites operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
The Fishing Tackle Loaner Program of The Wildlife Resources Division provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices
Georgia State Parks Money saving Special discounts page can be found HERE.
[Tweet “Get a Free Parking Pass for Ga. State Parks #exploregeorgia “]
Get a FREE parking pass for an Georgia State Park at your local library. Go HERE for more information.
Keeping you informed of What’s Happening On and Off The Beaten Path in Middle Georgia and Beyond
Submit your event for this list HERE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Smoky Mountain Cabin Review of Dakota Lodge in Pigeon Forge
Fall Fairs & Festivals in Georgia
What a great resource! October is always such a fun month with lots of great activities!