Gifts Guys Really Want Or So They Say
My list of Gifts Guys Really Want is broken down into tweens, teens, and men for your convenience. Of course, we know men are boys at heart, that’s one of the many reasons we love them so much.
As a grandmother to five boys and a little sister to two older brothers, I have a little experience shopping for guys in my life.
Men are creatures of habit. They like to simplify everything which really makes shopping for them easier for us. Oh sure, there are some more complicated fellas out there and they are also fun to shop for. It just requires a little digging and strategic questioning.
I’ve conducted a little research among the many guys in my life and here is the list I have come up with. These are gifts guys really want.
Gift Ideas for Tween Boys
- Cool t-shirts with fun sayings, shop Fun.com
- Sneakers endorsed by their favorite sports hero, like Air Jordan
- A wide selection of hair care products so they can get their style on.
- Gaming system.
- Games for the gaming system. You will need to do some research to find out what games they like to play or wish they had.
- A great wireless controller for his gaming system. (Playstation 5 or Xbox) You will need to know the exact type of gaming system they use
- An internet subscription specific to that gaming system
- A top-of-the-line cell phone with unlimited talk, text and data. Shop Best Buy
Gift Ideas for Teen Boys
Scroll up to the Tween boys section for links to many of these gift ideas.
- Really cool shoes. Hey Dudes shoes are the hot shoe right now.
- Accessories which they think will make them look attractive to girls (see the shoes above)
- It is understood that they must never run out of their favorite hair care products as that would constitute an emergency of epic proportions.
- Gaming system.
- Games for the gaming system. Shop Best Buy online.
- The best controller on the market for that gaming system.
- A top of the line cell phone with unlimited talk, text and data.
Gift Ideas for Men
- Cool t-shirts with fun sayings, shop Fun.com
- Stylish shoes
- Their favorite hair care products and the brand is non negotiable no matter how many coupons you have
- A Beard Gift Set for your bearded man
- A Yeti Mug with their favorite team logo on it
- A gift box from Omaha Steaks (you will benefit from this too)
- A Yeti cooler
- A Blackstone grill (cook those Omaha steaks on it)
- Tools, lots and lots of tools. Shop Home Depot online
Did you see that smile on my tween grandson’s face when he opened his stocking full of Old Spice hair styling products? He headed straight down the hall to the boys bathroom to work on his holiday hair style!
Also see Our Family Christmas Stocking Tradition for a fun family tradition you can start this year.
I am so excited about the old spice giveaway. My son can definitely use it. Thank you for your kindness this Christmas and always. Good luck all and Merry Christmas.
I had no idea either they had hair products. I’ll have to tell my husband to check them out. Although he is a hair snob like Amandas husband. Maybe I’ll just buy some for his stocking. Sneak them in, lol. Sharing on G+ #MM
Ha ha ha ha.. so funny! I love the way you wrote the lists and your grandson is really something – too cool! My husband is a fan of old spice too and I have even given him sets of them as gifts. I love the smell on him too!! He has not used the hair one though!!
We have stockings for everyone too! My husband knows about all the gifts I gave him but the stocking ones!!
You need a special controller beyond the one it comes with? Oh boy. I better start looking! Thanks!
Hi Kristin, you don’t NEED a special controller but they WANT it 😉 Of course those cost extra. We have one a list from a grandchild this year already.
This is a great list Shirley! I had to chuckle at the favorite hair products and the brand being non negotiable no matter the coupon. My husband is exactly like that! He is a brand snob through and through, and especially loves Old Spice.
Thanks Amanda. My husband is the same way, product brands are non-negotiable but that’s ok since I feel the same way about some things too…like Coach pocketbooks. LoL My Dad was an Old Spice man and I’m so happy that my hubby and grandsons are too. It makes me smile.
Quirky t-shirts are the key to my husbands happiness. I had no idea old spice had branched out to hair products, I’ll have to check that out for my nephew
Alecia, men are really easy to please, aren’t they! When a funny t-shirt will make them happy, I won’t complain. My hubby has been known to go shopping specifically for fun t-shirts.
WE do stocking for everyone too! My husband knew nothing about stocking gifts until he came into our family craziness. Great ideas here
Sometimes the stockings are more fun than the gifts! We do them for the entire family on the night of our big family Christmas party.
My son is all about money. All he wants is gift cards so he can shop.
Rebecca, it sounds like your son might be a teenager. He probably wants to go buy the things on this list.
Picking out gifts for my nephews has always been a challenge. This is a good guide! I think picking out some cool shirts for them could be fun.
All the men in my life love fun t-shirts so I enjoy shopping for those. I find myself laughing out loud sometimes while reading them in the stores.
These are all great ideas! I feel like tweens are the hardest to shop for, they are too old for toys but a lot of times too young for other things. They are stuck in the middle, so this gives me some ideas for my nephew! Thank you!
Tweens really are at that stage. I always just stick with the basics and never forget that all males are boys at heart. They all like toys but those toys become more expensive as they grow older.
Mine always wants the latest and greatest tech. lol Great list!
Mine too Ashley. In fact I think all the men in our family love the newest tech and then they like to stand around and talk about it with each other. Lol.
Oh man! These are great ideas for guys! Having a daughter myself, I always have trouble finding gifts for boys! I always need ideas for stocking stuffers when it comes to the guys in my extended family and friends. Thanks so much for the tips!
Lynlee if you’ll head straight over to the Old Spice section in the store, you’ll find lots of wonderful stocking stuffers for fellas of all ages.
You hit the nail on the head with your gift ideas for guys! I have two sons and four grandsons, so I do a lot of shopping for guys and your list will really help me out as I finish up my stocking stuffers. Yes, I still do gifts AND stockings for them all. 🙂
Oh, the stockings are the most fun! We exchange stockings at our big family Christmas party with extended family and have so much fun with. Sometimes there are gag gifts involved but there is always fun.