While surfing Pinterest recently I came across a post for Grilled Cheese Fries. I was searching for something yummy to serve for a football playoff party. Our crowd would definitely love a good cheesy fried snack for the big game!
Welcome to the first 2018 monthly Pinterest Challenge Blog Hop, hosted by My Pinterventures. The purpose of this Pinterest Challenge is to motivate all the participants of this hop (and you too) to not just pin, but to make it happen! So this month, I chose to make these Grilled Cheese Fries!
Gather these two simple ingredients and let’s get started! There are few steps to the process of making these yummy cheesy fried treats.
I am a sucker for recipes using crescent rolls! Follow my Crescent Roll Recipes Board on Pinterest!
Begin by rolling out the first package of crescent rolls. Pinch the seams together prior to rolling out. A light dusting of flour will keep the dough from sticking to your rolling pin. I laid out wax paper on my counter to work on so clean up would be easier.
More Crescent Roll Recipes
- Crescent Apple Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Drizzle
- Homemade Crescent Apple Turnovers
- Seven Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas
- Lightened Up Chicken Broccoli Braid @Made In A Day
Next cut the cheese in small square pieces, not too thick and lay them over the rolls. The Mozzerella cheese I sprinkled on top is not part of the recipe. It’s just me going overboard.
It is okay for the cheese not to be touching. The cheese will melt and fill in all the gaps while cooking.
Take the remaining Crescent Rolls and create the top to completely cover the cheese.
A light dusting of flour will make the rolling process smoother. Grab your rolling pin! It is always fun to make things in the kitchen using a rolling pin, isn’t it!
Roll over the top with your rolling pin a couple of times then fold the entire thing in half and continue to roll. Then, yes fold it one more time and roll some more! All the folding and rolling will create those layers.
Time to cut into pieces for frying!
Cut yours as wide as long as you desire. That will depend on how many folks are about to enjoy these delicious Grilled Cheese Fries!
Use a nice big skillet for the deep frying process. Fill only about half of the skillet with your preference of oil and preheat. I only fried a few at a time and I do not recommend filling the skillet with too many at once. These do not cook like french fries. They will stick together while frying so don’t over fill the pan.
Do you remember that this recipe is a Pinterest challenge for me? I learned that the cheese escapes into the oil causing the oil to get darker the more you fry. It also makes cleaning the skillet really fun too, if you know what I mean.
[Tweet “Grilled Cheese Fries recipe with step by step photos #partyfood #deepfriedcheese “]
Were they good? YES!!! These Grilled Cheese Fries were scrumptious! They are a bit of work but so delicious!
~~SHARE THIS RECIPE TO PINTEREST~~
- 2 (8 count) Tubes of Crescent Rolls (name brand work best)
- 16 oz. Processed Cheese (like Velveeta)
- Oil for frying
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- Sprinkle surface with flour to prevent sticking
- Lay out one package of Crescent Rolls and pinch seams together to create one large rectangle
- Cut the cheese into thin square slices and lay out side by side on top of Crescent rolls.
- Top with remaining Crescent Rolls pinching the seams together to create a top crust.
- Roll out with a rolling pin.
- Fold in half and roll with rolling pin again.
- Fold in half one more time and roll once more. Folding and rolling creates the layers.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Deep fry a few at a time until golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve and enjoy!
Must Have Kitchen Tools
- 5 Blade Adjustable Mandolin Slicer
- Black&Decker 1.5 Cup Food Chopper
- Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler
- 5 Blade Spiralizer