Sometimes we just rob the pantry of whatever we can find to make a dish somehow different. That is how I came to make these Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs.
The night I made these Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs I was quite determined to use what I had on hand for a yummy weeknight meal. You do that too, don’t you!
Baked chicken thighs are popular at our house! Dark meat is more tender and juicy in our opinion. You can’t beat having a good chicken recipe in your arsenal of weeknight meal ideas!
We pretty much always have a box of Cheerios in the pantry, most of the time it’s Honey Nut Cheerios so that is what I grabbed when making this dish. I just crushed them in my little food chopper, one of the handiest tools you can have in the kitchen!
Another yummy baked chicken recipe I robbed the pantry to make is these Cheez-It Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders.
Taking short cuts in the kitchen is quite common for me so I placed the chicken thighs and seasoned potato wedges together for baking. They were done at the same time which is just awesome.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Cup crushed Cheerios cereal
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pulverize the cereal in a food chopper.
- Place crushed cereal, salt and pepper into a small ziploc bag.
- Toss each piece of chicken in the bag to coat.
- Place on a prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 400º for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done.
- Oven temps vary.
To make the potatoes simply toss in a Ziploc bag along with a packet of Ranch dressing mix. Just shake it up to cover the potato wedges and bake along with the chicken thighs.
If you are looking for easy weeknight meal ideas, look no further than this one! With only four ingredients for the baked chicken thighs and two ingredients for the seasoned potatoes wedges, this meal was delicious, simple, and frugal.
More Easy Recipes for Weeknight Meals
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Homemade Lemon Cheesecake - February 16, 2018
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe - February 12, 2018
- 20 DIY Valentine’s Home Decor Ideas (Merry Monday #191) - February 11, 2018