Sometimes we just rob the pantry of whatever we can find to make a dish somehow different. That is how I came to make these Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs.
The night I made these Cheerios Crusted Baked Chicken Thighs I was quite determined to use what I had on hand for a yummy weeknight meal. You do that too, don’t you!
Baked chicken thighs are popular at our house! Dark meat is more tender and juicy in our opinion so we prefer to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. You can’t beat having a good chicken recipe in your arsenal of weeknight meal ideas!
We pretty much always have a box of Cheerios in the pantry, most of the time it’s Honey Nut Cheerios so that is what I grabbed when making this dish. I just crushed them in my small electric food chopper, (like one of these) one of the handiest tools you can have in the kitchen!
Another yummy baked chicken recipe I robbed the pantry to make is these Cheez-It Crusted Baked Chicken Tenders. You will find both Air Fryer and oven baked versions.
Taking short cuts in the kitchen is quite common for me so I placed the chicken thighs and seasoned potato wedges together for baking in a glass baking dish. They were done at the same time which is just awesome.
I heated up a can of green beans for a complete meal. This complete meal is ready in under 45 minutes.
BAKED POTATO WEDGES
- Fresh whole potatoes (2-3)
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
Peel and cut into wedges 2 or 3 fresh potatoes
Toss the potato wedges in a Ziploc bag along with a packet of Ranch dressing mix. Seal the bag. Shake it up to coat the potato wedges well.
Place alongside the crusted chicken thighs and bake together.
If you are looking for easy weeknight meal ideas, look no further than this one! With only four ingredients for the baked chicken thighs and two ingredients for the seasoned potatoes wedges, this meal was delicious, simple, and frugal.
USE ANY CEREAL
We happened to have Honey Nut Cheerios in the pantry when I made this dish the first time. You can substitute any cereal of your choice. Ours did in fact have a tiny bit of a sweet flavor but we enjoyed it.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Cup crushed Cheerios cereal
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pulverize the cereal in a food chopper.
- Place crushed cereal, salt and pepper into a small ziploc bag.
- Toss each piece of chicken in the bag to coat.
- Place on a prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 400º for 20 to 30 minutes until chicken is done.
- Oven temps vary.
MORE RECIPES WITH FEW INGREDIENTS
- Vanilla Milkshake with Sprinkles Best Ever Summer Dessert - June 26, 2020
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe - June 22, 2020
- 4th of July Party Ideas-Summer Food, Decor & Games - June 15, 2020