Don’t toss that half eaten box of crackers in your pantry! Use them to make some yummy baked chicken tenders!
We all have a half eaten box of crackers in our pantry. Crush those crackers and use them in recipes like these baked chicken tenders!
When Mama made baked chicken tenders I seem to recall she had to cut up the chicken herself but now we can purchase boneless skinless tenders in nice big packages. We prefer the chicken tenderloins because they are slightly smaller, not too thick and more tender.
Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins are very versatile and can be used for many recipes. We purchase them in bulk then separate them at home into meal size packages and freeze for later.
Looking for party food ideas? Also See: Glazed Bacon Pretzel Crackers
Pour the crackers into your food chopper and crush. I used about two cups of crackers. You can adjust that amount of crackers based on how many chicken tenders you are baking for your occasion.
After your crackers are chopped, pour them into a large plastic resealable bag and add your seasoning to the bag. Now give the bag a couple of good shakes to blend the seasonings.
Add one or two chicken tenders at a time into the bag with the crushed crackers. Seal and shake to cover.
Place the coated tenders onto a prepared baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes then turn them all over and bake another 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
This is such an easy recipe and perfect for any event you may be planning with finger foods. You can easily cut up your tenderloins into smaller bite size pieces for party finger foods. Don’t forget to make these for lunch too!
Printable recipe below.
- 6 to 8 chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp. sage
- 2 Cups Crushed Cheez-Its crackers, in flavor of your choice
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Crush crackers in food processor.
- Pour crushed crackers and all of the spices into a Ziploc bag. Toss to blend.
- Place one or two chicken tenders at a time into the crushed cracker and seasoning mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place on prepared baking pan and place into the oven.
- Cook for 20 min. then turn over and cook 20 min. more or until internal temp reaches 165º.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
More easy recipes using chicken
- Chicken and Veggie Foil Pack Dinner
- 3 Ingredients Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings
- Crockpot Ranch Chicken Sliders
- Lime Herb Chicken Marinade@My Pinterventures
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020
- Low Carb Creamy Turkey And Mushroom Soup Made From Scratch - October 6, 2020