Grab a bag of meatballs, ground beef and let’s kick our baked spaghetti up a notch! Try this easy Two Meat, Two Cheese Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs recipe for a welcome change!
My husband would love it if I cooked spaghetti at least once a week. I have never seen anyone who loves spaghetti as much as he does!
Two meats and two cheeses create a scrumptious flavor combination in my easy recipe for baked spaghetti.
Do you remember eating spaghetti in school? I always looked forward to spaghetti day for some reason. We used to have fund raiser dinners for the Parent Teacher Organization and often those would be spaghetti dinners with a huge turn out.
“The secret is in the sauce!” Do you remember that line from the movie Fried Green Tomatoes?
I like to melt the cheese on top until it is just beginning to brown. Who else loves that bite of crusted cheese on top? You don’t have to do that. Just remove it from the oven a little bit sooner if you are not a fan of crusty cheese like me!
Also See: Jazzed Up Meat and Potato Casserole
Layer beginning and ending with the spaghetti noodles. Reserve about 1 cup of the cheese mixture for the topping. When the dish is hot and bubbly, remove from oven, top with cheese and return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese on top.
[Tweet “Kick Spaghetti night up a notch with our Two Meat & Two Cheese Baked Spaghetti recipe #onedishdinner #bakedspaghetti”]
It’s always nice to get compliments from my precious husband when I get his seal of approval on a meal.
I implemented a mealtime rule at our house many years ago. Everyone is required to say something nice about the meal even if they didn’t like it. No rules required for this Two Meat, Two Cheese Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs dinner!
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
More Rib Sticking Weeknight Meal Recipes
- Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Smothered Meatloaf
- Crockpot Broccoli & Sausage Macaroni Casserole
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole @Domestically Creative
- 1 lb. ground beef or turkey
- 1 pkg. frozen meatballs (24 oz.)
- 1 Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) can Italian style diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 8 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz. box spaghetti noodles
- Brown and drain the ground meat.
- Place the meatballs into the same skillet you browned the ground meat in and cook on medium just until thawed.
- Add the ground meat back into the skillet with the meatballs.
- Pour your spaghetti sauce and tomatoes into the meat mixture and cook on medium until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, boil your spaghetti noodles and drain.
- Spray your baking dish to prevent sticking.
- Layer the ingredients in your baking dish beginning with the noodles, then meat sauce mixture then mozzarella and finally parmesan. (Reserve enough cheese for topping.)
- Repeat this layering until all ingredients are used.
- Bake at 350° approximately 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese and return to oven just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!