Because I am hosting my first ever giveaway on this blog, I set out to learn all I possibly could in a very short time about promoting a Giveaway. I have learned a good bit but at the same time, not enough. This post is my opinion only and I am not an authority! I am sharing with you my personal experience with my very first Giveaway which is in full swing right now.
Let me back up and start at the beginning. I was contacted on LinkedIn by a Representative from NestFresh about the possibility of hosting a Giveaway on my blog. Of course I thought that was exciting especially since I had been seeking a Giveaway to offer my readers. When I learned it was for 2 dozen free eggs, I entered into the negotiation frame of mind. While in college I enjoyed the Model United Nations Club for several years, where negotiation and debate run rampant. Apparently I did gain some type of skill because I was able to negotiate 2 Months of Free Eggs PLUS an assortment of Kitchen tools for our giveaway. You can enter here, hurry because it ends on Feb. 14th. Two dozen free eggs is nothing to shake a stick at, don’t get me wrong. They don’t have to give food away, ya know! But 8 dozen free eggs PLUS an assortment of kitchen tools is just so much better, isn’t it!
How To Promote Your Blog Giveaway
Now don’t start thinking that because I have done exactly one giveaway, I have suddenly become an authority.
You should not seek professional advice right here. These are merely my observations from my first time out!
- Share, Share, Share! Social media sharing is essential to successfully promote your Giveaway unless of course you have a gazillion readers already
- Share some more! There are sites out there created just for this purpose! Who knew?
- Sweepstakesmax.com will allow you to post your Giveaway on their site for others to view at no charge.
- Gonaturalgiveaways.com also allows you to post your Giveaway for free. The only requirement is that the item(s) must be of a natural nature. (tee hee)
If you google ‘where to share your giveaway’ , you will receive about About 48,800,000 results (0.46 seconds) !!!
Networking got me the opportunity.
Networking and Social Media sharing is essential to promote your Giveaway
Giveaway blogging is an entirely different culture of blogging. It is not easy. It is time consuming but then again, any kind of blogging is time consuming.
I think that once a network is developed, it might become a little bit easier. If you are a Giveaway Blogger, please advice me on this thought!
It is fun! Yes, I have very much enjoyed talking to people, I love people! It is exciting to know that someone is going to be blessed by winning 8 Dozen Eggs AND all of those nice kitchen tools! Wow, that is a blessing, FREE groceries!
Will I do it again?
Yep, it has been so much fun! I sure will so keep checking back!
Do you have a blog post about how to host a giveaway? Link that post here for others to see.
DO NOT LINK A GIVEAWAY
This Linky is about HOW to host blog giveaways only. Be sure to bookmark this page and check back often to read other bloggers giveaway experiences.
Follow this blog
- 35 More Men’s Stocking Stuffer Ideas They Will Actually Enjoy - October 21, 2020
- 15 Most Popular Gifts For Women This Year - October 19, 2020
- 21 Crazy Easy Beginner Cricut Projects for You To Try - October 16, 2020