I’m celebrating the beginning of fall with my Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake! Only 5 ingredients including fall favorites; allspice, pumpkin and pecans.
I’m all about coffee and conversation. What could be better than inviting friends over for a fall flavored coffee cake and conversation. Just relaxing and visiting.
This Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake is so easy to prepare, you’ll only need one bowl. No big mess in the kitchen to clean up!
- 1 box cinnamon streusel bread mix (I used Betty Crocker)
- 8 oz. canned pumpkin puree
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. Allspice
- ½ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Line the bottom of the crockpot with aluminum foil, coming up the sides just a bit (this will keep the bottom from burning)
- Spray the foil and crockpot with non stick spray
- Set crockpot on high heat
- Set the streusel mix aside from the boxed mix.
- Add all remaining ingredients together and stir well by hand
- Pour the cake batter into the crockpot
- Top with the streusel mix, spreading evenly across the top
- Top with the chopped pecans
- Cover the top of the crockpot with a dish towel and then place the lid on top of the dish towel. (this will absorb the excess moisture which builds up)
- Cook on high heat for approximately one hour.
- Cake is done when toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cooking times may vary depending on your crockpot.
The allspice combined with the pumpkin gives this coffee cake that fall flavor explosion we all love! The house smells delicious while its cooking too!
When baking in the crockpot, be sure to stretch a dish towel across the top and then place the lid on. The towel will absorb the excess moisture which tends to build up in the crockpot during the cooking time. This is a good trick for cooking anything in the crockpot but if you are cooking something for a long time, the towel will become wet and drip onto the counter. Experience is the best teacher!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Our Deck Makeover Project - June 26, 2017
- Places to See in the USA and Merry Monday Link Party #160 - June 25, 2017
- Upcycle An Enamelware Canner Pot Into A Large Flower Container - June 22, 2017