My Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe is the old fashioned version, made from scratch with a trusted recipe passed down through the years.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dissolve the baking soda in the sour cream and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy on medium speed.
- Begin adding, alternately, eggs (one at a time), sour cream mixture and flour, beating between each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour mixture into a prepared tube pan.
- Put into a cold oven and bake at 300° for about 1 ½ hours or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Nina’s recipe is published in their 1985 church cookbook. I purchased a copy because as we all know, church cookbook’s have the best recipes! As you can see, this page has taken a few spills through the years. It’s not really ‘my’ recipe although I do refer to it as such. It’s your recipe too. We share recipes through time and generations. The really good one’s like this Sour Cream Pound Cake recipe live on to be shared again and again.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017