What’s Happening This Weekend in Middle Georgia And Beyond 3/20/15
Thanks for stopping by to find out What’s Happening This Weekend in Middle Georgia and beyond, on and off the beaten path. This week’s edition of What’s Happening is for the weekend of March 20, 21 & 22.
♫ ♪ ♫ IT’S CHERRY BLOSSOM TIME ♫ ♪ ♫
Where do we begin? There is no shortage of events involved with the International Cherry Blossom Festival. Check the EVENTS page of the Cherry Blossom website for everything offered daily. Visit the Cherry Blossom Festival Office 794 Cherry St. 8:30am-5pm for souvenirs.
Where are the blooms? Go HERE to find the Top 5 best locations to see the beautiful Cherry Blossom trees blooming around town.
Central City Park Events
Parking for Central City Park is FREE. Admission is $5 per person for All Day Pass. Children 10 and under are Free.
Military & Veterans Appreciation Day: Free Admission with Military ID Monday March 23, 11am–6pm.
Uniform Day:Free with Uniform: Free admission for Law Enforcement, Fire Department. Tuesday March 24, 11 am–6pm.
Senior Citizens Day: Free admission for 60 years & older Wednesday March 25 11am–6pm.
- Nightly Concerts begin at 6pm Go HERE for list of bands
- Drew Exposition Amusement Rides: Saturdays, March 21 & 28: FREE RIDES from 9:30-11am. Sundays, March 22 & 29: FREE RIDES with same-day church bulletin from 12:30-1:30pm. Monday-Thursday, March 23-26: Unlimited Rides @ $20
- Aussie Kingdom Live Animal Show with show times at 12:30pm – 4:30pm – 7:30pm (25-30 minutes each) The only touring Australian wildlife show in North America!
- Dixie Disc Dogs Saturday, March 21: 11am-5pm and Sunday, March 22: 11:30am-3:30pm. Watch as Frisbee dogs from around the country compete for the championship title. (My personal favorite event)
- “On The Road to the RDMAs” Radio Disney Music Awards Sat. March 21. Noon-4pm. Hosted by Radio Disney’s DJs Alli Simpson and Brooke Taylor and performances from Radio Disney artists The Fooo Conspiracy, Megan Nicole, and Alex Angelo.
- Many more events at Central City Park including Shopping, Food, Horses, Flower Show, Pink Pancake Breakfasts AND MORE can be found HERE
- Master Gardener’s of Central Ga. Plant Preview & Sale March 19-21 at Macon State Farmers Market 2055 Eisenhower Pkwy, Macon. ( Thursday, March 19th 12pm – 5pm, Friday, March 20 8am – 5pm, and Saturday, March 21 8am – 3pm) FREE Parking and FREE Admission.
- Ocmulgee National Monument Lantern Light Tours March 20-22. 7:30pm-9:30 pm. $5 per person for 13 and older. 1207 Emery Highway Macon, GA 31217
- Spring Spirit Stroll at Riverside Cemetary March 20-29. 6pm-7pm. 1301 Riverside Dr. Macon. $10 per person
- Bed Race March 21 at 1pm in downtown on Cherry St.
- High Heels for the Cure Susan G. Komen of Central Ga. follows the Bed Race at 2pm on Cherry St.
- Macon-Bibb Firefighters Competition 3pm at 3rd St. Park in downtown Macon.
- Sailboat Regatta Sat. March 21 from 11am-6pm at Lake Tobesofkee, 6600 Mosley Dixon Rd, Macon, Ga.
- Mercer University Orchestra Concert Sat. March 21 at 7:30. Grand Opera House 651 Mulberry St, Macon, Ga. FREE
- And many more events scheduled throughout the Cherry Blossom Festival can be found HERE
- Steeple Chase and Blossoms Tour. March 23, 25, 27. 11:30am. Departing from Central City Park. $20/person
- Discover Macon Tour March 20, 21, 28. 1pm. Departing from Central City Park. $20/person
- Macon Secrets Tours March 22, 24, 26. 11:30am. Departing from Central City Park. $40/person (includes lunch)
- Find more tours including the Hay House, The Big House (Allman Brothers Band Museum), Fort Hawkins, and Ocmulgee National Monument HERE
Watermelon Express Train Ride. Enjoy a ride on the Sam Shortline. About a 5 1/2 hour ride from Cordele to Plains and back in vintage train cars! We have taken the Christmas Excursion on the Sam Shortline and I can definitely recommend it! Read about our trip HERE.
Arts & Crafts Festival Sat. March 21. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Enjoy live music, artisans, and food at Market on Madison and Bicentennial Plaza.
St. Patrick’s Parade. Sat. March 21. 10 am. Downtown Dublin
Bigfoot Challenge at Dauset Trails Nature Center. 360 Mt. Vernon Church Rd. Jackson, Ga. 30233
Jackpop Putt-Putt Tournement at High Falls State Park in Jackson. Sat. March 21. 4:30-6pm. After 18 holes of mini golf, there will be a prize awarded to the player with the lowest round total. Parking $5. Admission $5. Call: 478-993-3053. 76 High Falls Park Dr. Jackson, GA 30233
Homeschool Thursday-The Needs for Seeds at High Falls State Park. Thursday 3/26. 10am-12pm. Exploration of science, nature, and the Georgia’s outdoors through fun and exciting activities. This mouth’s theme is dedicated to flowers and seeds. Learn what a seed needs to survive, build bio-degradable pot holders, and plant a seed. Please register in advance.Admission $3 per student. Parking $5. Call:478-993-3053. 76 High Falls Park Dr. Jackson, GA 30233
Warner Robins. Pizza with a cop. Teens are invited to have pizza with a cop on March 20, 2015 5 to 7 p.m. in the McConnell-Talbert Stadium parking lot before the Warner Robins High School vs. Northside High School baseball game. Free.
Plan Ahead, Coming Soon!
Food Truck Frenzy March 28-29. Downtown Macon. 3rd Street between Mulberry Street & Walnut Street
Mulberry Street Arts & Crafts Festival. Macon. March 28-29. Mulberry Street between 2nd and 3rd Street
Spring Home & Garden Show. March 28-29. Perry. Ga. National Fairgrounds
Magnolia Soap Box Derby. Macon. April 11th.
27th Annual Dogwood Festival. Perry April 11 & 12th.
Strawberry Festival. April 24-25. Reynolds
Massee Lane Gardens Free Admission Day . May 9. 10am-4:30pm. Free Admission Day. 100 Massee Lane, Ft. Valley, Georgia.
To have your event considered for addition, please contact: Shirley at Shirley.email@example.com with subject EVENTS
Follow us on social media
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017
- 10 Unique DIY Pumpkin Ideas & Merry Monday Link Up Party #172 - September 17, 2017