These little Homemade Peppermint Pattie Candies are really easy to make and require only a few ingredients.
If you are looking for a nice little candy to give your guest or adorn your holiday table, this is it.
This recipe is being shared as part of the Ultimate Virtual Cookie & Goodies Party And Giveaway where you can find hundreds of Cookies, Candy, Cakes and holiday beverage recipes and more!
Don’t they make a pretty addition to your holiday table?
I found this recipe in one of those cookbooks you find at the grocery store during the holiday season. Sometimes they are really loaded with wonderful recipes. This book is from 2000. I have been making this Peppermint Candy for my family all these years. I hope your family will enjoy it also.
- 3½ cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 3 Tbsp. Light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract (I prefer Watkins brand)
- Food coloring, if desired
- Line several sheet pans with waxed paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, water and corn syrup.
- Cook over low heat until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth, stirring frequently.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in extract.
- If using food coloring, separate into bowls and tint each bowl with desired color.
- Be sure to use tall bowls so that you can sit each bowl into another bowl containing hot water. The hot water bath will keep the candy workable. I keep hot water in a tea kettle to use throughout this process. Be careful NOT to get the hot water in your candy mixture.
- Drop mixture by teaspoon onto waxed paper forming small patties.
- Let stand 24 hours or until firm. Can be stored in airtight containers. I store them in the refrigerator because we like the cold candy but refrigeration is not required.
What is your favorite homemade Candy recipe?
This recipe is being shared; Ultimate Virtual Cookie & Goodies Party And Giveaway , Merry Monday #29 , Pretty Pintastic #30 , Home Matters, Friday PrideDay Pinterest Party
- Year-Round Indoor Salad Gardening: How to Grow Nutrient-Dense, Soil-Sprouted Greens in Less Than 10 days: Book Review - April 12, 2021
- Ultimate Easter Magic Cookie Bars Recipe - March 31, 2021
- Classic Homemade Hash Browns Easy Recipe - March 29, 2021