No matter if you are planning a vegetable or flower garden or both this spring, savvy gardeners like to start their seeds indoors to get ahead of the game and save a few bucks too! These easy DIY Faux Peat Pots for Indoor Seed Starting will cost you zero and they’re very easy to make.
You need to know which Plant Hardiness Zone you live in. This USDA Plant Hardiness Zone Map will help you find it.
No matter if you are growing vegetables or flowers, you can save lots of money by starting your own seeds indoors. While saving money is a good reward, it is also amazingly satisfying to grow your own anything from seed.
Once you have decided exactly which seeds to start indoors and determined a good start date for your seeds based on your planting zone, you are ready to make some faux peat pots. Starter kit peat pots are available in home and garden stores but those can be expensive.
These faux peat pots are super easy to make and 100% compostable. You can plant them straight into the ground in the spring.
- Toilet paper rollers
- Paper towel rollers
Newspaper Seedling Pot
They are 100% compostable as well. Just plant straight into the ground with your adorable little seedling in the spring!
Easy peasy, right! Cost= 0!!
There aren’t many things much easier than making your own faux peat pots using materials which will compost into the ground. Get the kids on board and they will be learning something without even realizing it.
My favorite thing to grow is flowers. This year I plan to start Begonias from seed to line the beds in our front yard. Follow us on Instagram to watch the process from seed to bloom.
- Why My Hydrangea Wouldn’t Bloom
- Rain Barrels DIY or Buy?
- 7 Practical Summer Projects for Your Home
- DIY Grillzebo @Inside The Fox Den
Shop Outdoor Living
- Greenes Fence Raised Garden Bed
- Elite Ring Toss Kids Game Outdoor Yard Game
- Char-Griller Tabletop Charcoal Grill & Side Fire Box
- Oregon Scientific Wireless Rain Gauge Weather Station
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Homemade Lemon Cheesecake - February 16, 2018
- Low Country Shrimp Boil Recipe - February 12, 2018
- 20 DIY Valentine’s Home Decor Ideas (Merry Monday #191) - February 11, 2018