We are so happy to be teaming up with 20 other bloggers to bring you the 2015 Holiday Homes Blog Hop. Viewing home tours is always fun and the best way to gain new ideas.
A special thanks to Tiffany at The House Down The Lane for planning, organizing and preparing this event. Be sure to visit Tiffany’s home and all the other amazingly talented bloggers homes. The list at the end of this post.
Come on in and take a look around.
This year I’ve chosen to focus my Christmas décor on Christmas traditions. I’m as excited as Claire in Christmas With The Krumps because my youngest daughter and her husband will be spending Christmas eve night with us! I’ve pulled out some family favorite decorations and spread the Christmas cheer all over the house!
We’ll begin our tour with the Christmas Village then move into the dining room and finally the living room.
My sweet 9 year old grandson asked me on Thanksgiving if we would be displaying the Christmas Village again this year. Last year was the first time it had been out in many years.
The majority of the Christmas Village pieces belonged to my Mother. Reflecting back on all the years Momma meticulously placed each piece out makes me smile.The details are amazing! If you look close, you can actually see what’s going on inside of the Firehouse.
Our Manger is close to 38 years old. I remember purchasing it at Sear’s at the Mall all those years ago. I wrap each piece carefully to pack it away after Christmas. It is displayed in a different location every year. This year, for the first time, our Manger is the centerpiece on our dining room table. A few snips of cedar from the yard and a small piece of burlap finished the display.
The chandelier is adorned with a few pieces of fresh cedar along with red beaded garland and red lamp shades. The Cedar smells great! We have several big Cedar trees in our yard so that is always nice for fresh Christmas greenery.
A Peek Inside of the China Cabinet
This set of figurines from A Christmas Carol are almost as old as our Manger. I found these at a store formerly known as a Five & Dime. Who remembers those wonderful stores? Watching A Christmas Carol during the Christmas season is tradition in our family and it simply must be the George C. Scott version.
Also in the china cabinet is this adorable plastic light up Santa. His light and cord are long gone but he still flies in with sweet memories every year. Momma used to sit this Santa in her front window along with those plastic candelabra’s. I think she may have been displaying this even when I was a teen.
We started collecting snowmen in the last 10 or 15 years. Sometimes we decorate in all snowmen. I simply had to include a few of our figures for display this year even though they couldn’t all come out to play. The snowman on the right with the red plaid scarf was my inspiration for my Chilly the Snowman Ornament which I made for the Ornament Exchange.
Our Paper Mache Angel keeps watch over us from the front of the china cabinet. She was a regular adornment on my Mom’s Christmas tree for many years. It’s funny how some simple little thing brings back sweet memories, isn’t it.
Also in the dining room is my husband’s growing collection of Nutcracker’s. We don’t usually group them all together but we both liked them standing guard in the dining room this year.
We have an open floor plan in our home. The living room is open to the dining room. There is a bar between the kitchen and living room which is where the Christmas Village sits. By decorating the dining room, living room and bar areas, it creates a feeling of Christmas all through the house.
In keeping with traditional Christmas colors, I decided to decorate the tree in all red, white and silver this year. Christmas trees makes us all smile, don’t they! Some years we buy a real tree but this year we decided to stick with our trusty little faux tree.
Do you change the color scheme of your Christmas tree every year?
I shared a video on the transition of this tree from start to finish on my Instagram.
Our Yule Log DVD is one of my favorite things! We put it on while we celebrate our family gathering every year. The DVD set includes Christmas music, and the Yule Log DVD which has options for music or the sounds of fire crackling. It’s always entertaining to the grandchildren. You can find an Amazon affiliate link at the bottom of this post with our exact album.
Thank you for coming by and taking a peep at some of our favorite Christmas decoration traditions this year. We wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas Season!
Please be sure to stop by and visit all the Christmas Home Tours listed below.
1. Casa Watkins ~ Winter Home Tour, Part 3
2. Kolb Corner ~ Christmas Dining Room Tour and Holiday Homes Blog Hop
3. Green with Decor ~ 5 Must Haves for Christmas Decorating: The Family Room Christmas Tour
4. Karen’s Up On the Hill ~ Holiday Hallway and Holiday Homes Blog Hop
5. Twelve on Main ~ Farmhouse Christmas Dining Room Tour
6. The House Down the Lane ~ Holiday Homes Blog Hop: Red and White Christmas Dining Room
7. Creatively Homespun ~ A Vintage Christmas Dining Room
8. 2 Bees in a Pod ~ Guest Room Christmas Home Tour
9. Sew a Fine Seam ~ Dining Room Decked Out For Christmas
10. Knock It Off Crafts ~ Holiday Homes Blog Hop: Festive Master
11. Vintage Paint and More ~ Christmas Home Tour 2015, Part 1
12. Inside the Fox Den ~ Candy Coated Living Room
13. Penny Love Projects ~ Holiday Home Tour
14. Made In a Day ~ Mini Holiday Decor Tour
15. Refashionably Late ~ Holiday Home Hop
16. Pretty Practical Home ~ Simple (and Cheap) Holiday Porch Decor – Holiday Homes Blog Hop
17. Intelligent Domestications ~ Christmas Traditions Home Tour 2015
18. Our Crafty Mom ~ Outdoor Holiday Decor: Front Entry
19. Lehman Lane ~ Green and Gold Christmas Dining Room
20. C’mon, Get Crafty ~ 2015 Holiday Homes Blog Hop
21. My Pinterventures ~ 2015 Holiday Homes Blog Hop – Festive Family Room
Subscribe to our Newsletter
You may also like
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure policy
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017