Warmer weather turns our fun food thoughts to things like a nice big cold Strawberry Shake!
I received an Activz Organic & Non-GMO Strawberry Powder in exchange for my review of the product. The opinions and recipes are my own.
Here in Georgia, the temps are already in the 80’s! Ice cream and milk shakes are already at the forefront of advertising. Some of us are still shedding that winter weight though. No worries when you try my Faux Strawberry Shake recipe.
Activz Strawberry powder is organic & Non-GMO making it a good substitute to add to recipes when you are out of fresh strawberries. It is also a good source of Vitamin C. One 13.8 oz. can is equal to 11 pounds of fresh strawberries. The shelf life far outlives fresh strawberries making it handy to have in the pantry for Vinaigrettes, smoothies, shakes and more. You can find lots of recipe ideas on the Activz website HERE. Order Activz products online HERE.
I created a couple of recipes of my own while sampling the strawberry powder. My hubby and I love the Faux Strawberry Shake I made. We plan to substitute it for a big bowl of ice cream on those warm summer evenings in front of the TV.
- 1 Cup Vanilla yogurt
- ½ cup Berry Blend juice
- 1 frozen or fresh banana
- 1 scoop strawberry powder (I use Activz)
- Place all the ingredients into the blender and mix until smooth. Add additional yogurt or juice to make the thickness to your preference.
- Pour into a chilled glass and enjoy!
I also used the Activz Strawberry powder as a substitute for strawberries in my favorite Berry Blend Smoothie.
The smoothie in the photo was made with the following recipe using blueberries and bananas as my frozen fruit.
Berry Blend Fruit Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen fruit
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup berry blend juice
- 1 scoop Activz strawberry powder
Place all ingredients into the blender and mix until well blended. You can thicken it by adding more yogurt or thin it out by adding more juice.
We are happy with the Activz Strawberry powder and look forward to those Faux Strawberry Shakes as well as a few more recipes I plan to make with it.
Did you know?
- You cannot consume grapefruit while taking certain medications. Read the literature which comes with your medications to learn if you should not be eating grapefruits.
- Bananas contain the 6 major vitamin groups.
- One serving of strawberries has more vitamin C than an orange.
- A ripe mango will “give” slightly and a firm mango will ripen at room temperature over a few days.
- July is National Blueberry month because that is the peak of the blueberry season.
- The top of a pineapple can be planted in soil to grow a new plant.
I always have a more energetic day when I start it off with a fruit smoothie. Do you?