This January meal plan week 3 will ease the stress of what to make for dinner. Meal planning eases stress and also saves on the grocery budget.
Anytime you go into the grocery store without a plan, it will cost more money. We all tend to pick up things we don’t need.
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
About the meal plan
- This meal plan will serve 4. Some recipes will serve more than four depending on your portion sizes.
- It’s a meal plan for one week of dinner ideas.
- Some recipes are intended to create premeditated leftovers, like casseroles or large pots of soup. This saves on the budget.
- It is understood that you have common ingredients in your pantry such as salt and pepper so those are not included in the ingredient lists.
- Some recipes will call for ingredients that can be used in multiple recipes for the week. Such as a head of lettuce can be used to make side salads with a small amount also portioned for tacos. A bag of carrots can be used for multiple dishes in one week to avoid waste.
- There are 7 dinner ideas each week, in no particular order.
- Scroll down for the recipe links.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter to have these meal plans delivered to your inbox.
- Follow my Facebook page for lots of recipes shared daily.
Weeknight Dinner Ideas
This week’s menu plan includes easy dinner ideas like homemade burritos and a homemade pizza recipe. There are a couple of comfort food recipes like manicotti and chicken casserole. Healthier choices include a fish dinner idea and cabbage soup.
Scroll down for recipe links.
Cheesy stuffed manicotti is slow-cooked and loaded with flavor. The leftovers are delicious. The meat sauce is cooked in the skillet and poured over the stuffed shells then slow-cooked. for about 2 hours.
A side salad is good with this Italian dish and your favorite rolls or Italian bread.
- 2 Cups Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 oz. pkg. Manicotti shells
- 1 lb. ground beef brown and drain
- 1 24 oz. jar of your favorite Pasta sauce
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
This ham and cabbage soup recipe is really easy and affordable to make. I season the soup with ham pieces you can buy at the grocery store or that you have frozen from leftover ham.
Cabbage soup is a light meal that can be enjoyed with homemade cornbread on the side.
- 1 head of cabbage
- 1 pkg. (8oz.) Ham bits
- 2 Cups Chicken broth
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
Cornbread Ingredients (optional)
- 1½ Cups Self Rising Cornmeal
- ½ Cup Self Rising Flour
- 1½ Cups Buttermilk
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
Also, see How To Make Chicken Broth
Bake moist, tender, and delicious BBQ Chicken using bone-in-leg quarters. This easy recipe has only 5 ingredients.
Plenty of ideas for side dishes to go with BBQ Chicken. This easy Homemade Creamy Coleslaw recipe is popular because it has only 4 ingredients and can be made ahead.
- 4 Chicken Leg Quarters
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce (I use Sweet Baby Ray’s)
Burritos are easily one of the most popular Mexican dishes and not only versatile but budget friendly too. This recipe begins with dried Pinto beans.
Make Homemade Guacamole with chips or serve a small side salad.
- 1 lb. dry Pinto beans
- 1 lb. ground beef, brown and drain
- 2 pkg. Taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes and green chilies
- ½ Cup sharp shredded cheese
- 1 pkg. Flour tortillas
Have a fun weeknight dinner ready to eat in about 40 minutes. Fresh veggies included.
No side dishes are needed on pizza night but you could serve a small side salad if you like. Buy your favorite bagged salad from the produce section at the grocery store.
- 1 (15 oz.) Jar Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1 pre-made Pizza crust
- 2 Roma Tomatoes cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb. pkg. Baby Bella Mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb. ground turkey, browned and drained
- 8 oz. pkg. pre-cooked diced ham
- 12 oz. pkg. microwave bacon, cooked and chopped
- 16 oz. shredded Mozzarella cheese
A quick and easy weeknight meal recipe for pan-seared grouper. Substitute any white fish if Grouper is not available.
Serve your favorite quick and easy vegetables. A Classic Caesar Salad goes well with a fish meal. Homemade Creamy Cole Slaw or Homemade Mashed Potatoes go well with any fish dinner. If you want to stay on the lighter side, try this Spicy Roasted Cauliflower recipe.
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. Grouper fillets or other white fish
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
This Chicken Vegetable Casserole has no rice and no noodles. I decided to skip those and give this dish a buttery crust with a crunch instead.
This casserole has peas and carrots baked in. The only side dish I would serve is some dinner rolls.
- 4 cups cooked, cubed boneless chicken, about 4-5 boneless skinless breast
- 1/3 Cup Ranch dressing mix
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Robust Olive Oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) cream of celery soup
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1 Cup frozen peas and carrots
This week’s meal plan includes a flavorful pasta dish, a yummy chicken casserole, a low-carb soup recipe, BBQ chicken you can make in the oven, a Taco Tuesday burrito meal, and an easy fish dinner.
Use this simple menu plan to make dinner easier at your house. Scroll down for all of this week’s recipe links.
Menu Plan Recipes for January Week 3
- Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti Recipe
- Southern Cabbage Soup Recipe
- Barbeque Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Recipe
- Easy Beef and Bean Burritos Recipe
- Easy Homemade 3-Meat Pizza Recipe
- Pan Seared Grouper with Lemon-Thyme Sauce
- Chicken Veggie Casserole Recipe
Got tips others can use? Questions? I love hearing from you. Please scroll down and leave a comment.
Southwestern Breakfast Skillet Low Carb Recipe. You can serve this low-carb breakfast skillet meal for brunch or dinner too. Cooked radishes instead of potatoes make this dish keto.
Amish Cinnamon Sweet Bread is good for breakfast or snacks. No starter is needed for this recipe. I have sliced this bread thick and made french toast with it also.
Use your leftover bananas and apples to make these Apple Banana Oat Muffins Easy Recipe. Good for an out-the-door breakfast or snack.
Low-Carb Baked Ham and Egg Muffin Cups recipe. This easy-baked breakfast recipe is a treat any day of the week. Make breakfast for supper.
Dutch Baby Pancake Easy Recipe. An easy recipe for an old classic breakfast or brunch treat, a big fluffy flavor-filled Dutch Baby baked pancake you can top with fresh fruit and syrup. Share, it’s too big for one person.