What would the Christmas season be without our favorite Christmas movies? It doesn’t even matter how many times you have seen your favorite Christmas movie, we will most certainly nestle up on the sofa with our loved ones and watch it again!
This article contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy.
I was curious about what the all-time top 10 Christmas movies might be so I did a little research and found some interesting results.
Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer and A Charlie Brown Christmas were only on ONE list! Those are Christmas classics, I have no idea why they weren’t numbers 1 and 2 on every single list.
Another interesting fact, Christmas With The Kranks was only on one list. I have trouble believing that because it is one of my personal favorites. That scene in the grocery store when Nora is fighting for the last ham is so hilarious.
My Top 5 Favorite Christmas Movies List
1. A Christmas Story (1983) The adventures of Ralphie and the Red Ryder BB Gun on his Christmas list. Even though we have it on DVD, we always tune in to the 24 hours of A Christmas Story on TBS every Christmas Eve.
“Don’t you touch that! You were always jealous of this lamp. “
2. A Christmas Carol (1984) The George C. Scott version is in my opinion, hands down the very best! This movie is a must-watch every year!
3. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Jim Carey, as the Grinch is just so much fun especially when he meets Cindy Lou Who. I love the fact that little Opie Taylor all grown up (Ron Howard) directed this blockbuster.
4. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989) Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo are beyond hilarious in this Christmas classic. Did you know that Beverly D’Angelo also played Patsy Cline in Coal Miner’s Daughter and sang all of the songs herself?
5. Christmas With the Kranks (2004) Come on, admit it, at some point in time we have all wanted to escape the commercialism and hype. They show us why we shouldn’t do that, it’s fabulous!
“Nora Krank, we’re here for Frosty! “
See our Kranks Christmas Movie Party
Although those are my personal top 5, I’d be remiss if I did not mention some other all-time favorites!
Top 10 Christmas Movies* (in no particular order)
- 1. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
- 2. It’s A Wonderful Life
- 3. Home Alone
- 4. Elf
- 5. A Christmas Story
- 6. Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol (with George C. Scott)
- 7. How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey)
- 8. Nightmare Before Christmas
- 9. Miracle On 34th Street
- 10. The Santa Claus (All 3)
Check out my Christmas movie quiz free printable here.
Did your favorite make the list? I love hearing from you so drop a comment and let me know your favorites.
*This top 10 list is a compilation of my research from the 5 websites AMCTV, Forbes, Reader’s Digest, Parenting, and Box Office Mojo.