Casserole season has finally arrived with the September meal plan. That means leftovers the next day which is great for the budget and easy on the cook.
Monthly meal planning for September means we are moving into casserole season, pumpkin season, and apple season. I have included recipes for each in this month’s meal plan.
This article contains affiliate links.
How to use our Meal Plan
See the recipe
Almost all meals have the recipe attached. Print your favorite recipes and add them to your meal plan binder.
Meal Plan Weekly Notes
Suggestions, tips, and creative ways to make the most of the meal plan for each week.
Free Download or Print
Download the Mealplan to your desktop for quick reference including links to the recipes
Click the link to visit each recipe. You can see instructions, tips and print the recipe from there. Add the printed recipes to your meal plan binder.
Save to Pinterest
Pin the Meal Plan to your Pinterest for future reference. That helps both you and me. Pins help my blog and I appreciate you sharing.
Follow my Meal Plan Board on Pinterest for more Meal Planning ideas year-round and for special occasions.
Make a Meal Plan Binder
Hang onto your printed recipes and create a binder with them as you build a year of meal plans to make your life in the kitchen easier.
You will always want to add more recipes as you come across good ones for your family. Your meal plan binder will become your secret weapon to managing your grocery budget and making grocery shopping easier.
WEEK ONE AUGUST MEAL PLANNING
- Maple Glazed Apple Pork Chops, Crockpot recipe with only 3 ingredients
- Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- Baked Potatoes for supper. See these 20 toppings ideas
- Shrimp Fried Rice, easy recipe ready in under 30 minutes, you can substiture chicken for the shrimp
- Cajun Shrimp Burritos with homemade Avocado Lime Sauce
- Turkey Pumpkin Chili
- Rotisserie Chicken Quesadillas
Week 1 September Meal Plan Notes
Roasted Brussel Sprouts go well with the Apple Pork chops as a side dish.
Buy really big Russet potatoes from the grocery store produce department so you can make a meal out of them on Baked Potato night.
Substitute boneless skinless chicken for the shrimp and make Chicken Fried Rice using the same recipe.
- Crockpot Cube Steak and Mushroom Gravy
- Creamy Turky and Mushroom Soup, Low Carb recipe
- Easy Sausage and Veggies Sheet Pan Dinner
- Maple Beans and Franks, Slow Cooker recipe
- Pork Chop Casserole, a 3 ingredient recipe. There will be no leftovers!
- Hot dogs and potato chips, quick and easy plus everyone loves this meal
- Glazed Baked Spam, super easy and delicious budget friendly entree
Week 2 September Meal Plan Notes
Mushrooms are optional in the Cube Steak and gravy recipe. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes and your favorite green vegetable.
My Maple Beans and Franks recipe is part of a Football Homegating idea. It’s college football season and we are ready at my house.
We like our hot dogs grilled on a flat griddle on our stove. They are ready in minutes for a quick and easy meal.
Rice and English peas go well as side dishes with the Glazed Baked Spam
WEEK THREE AUGUST MONTHLY MEAL PLAN
- Crockpot Flat Iron Steak and Mushroom Gravy
- Baked Sweet Potatoes Toppings Bar
- Cheesy Sausage Pasta Casserole, serve leftovers the next day
- 3 Ingredient BBQ Meatballs
- Meatball Hoagie Sandwiches, use leftovers from day before
- Easy Homemade 3 Meat Pizza
Week 3 September Meal Plan Notes
Serve Homemade Mashed Potatoes with the Flat Iron Steak and Gravy. Mushrooms are optional in the gravy.
Because we have so many yummy toppings for Baked Sweet potatoes, we make a fun meal with this idea.
Cheesy Sausage Pasta Casserole is a cook once, eat twice meal. Leftovers the next day are even better.
Plan to have enough meatballs for Hoagies the next day. Top your Hoagies with your favorite toppings and serve chips on the side.
WEEK FOUR AUGUST MEAL PLANNING
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps
- Crockpot Three Cheese Stuffed Manicotti
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
- Breakfast for supper, Crescent Roll Sausage Casserole
- Roasted Maple Drenched Apple Pork Tenderloin
- Lemon Shrimp Penne Pasta with Broccoli
Week 4 September Meal Plan Notes
Stuffed Manicotti is a delicious meal, restaurant quality at home. Serve Deli Italian bread and this Italian Butter on the side. Makes enough for leftovers the next day.
The Cresent Roll Sausage Casserole requires sitting overnight before cooking the next day. This is our go-to breakfast casserole for Christmas morning.
Roasted Apple Pork Tenderloin makes a good Sunday dinner. Serve your favorite sides with it for a hearty Fall meal.
Keep going for September Dessert Ideas
- Homemade Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream
- Slow Cooker Apple Crisp
- Rainbow Chip Cookies
- Crockpot Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
More Fall Food and Beverage
Amish Cinnamon Sweet Bread, good for breakfast, snack, or dessert
There ya have it. A whole month of meal ideas is planned for you including links to the recipes for most. Now you can spend less time worrying about what’s for dinner.https://www.pinterest.com/intellid/meal-planning/