This year I decided to go with Festive Red and Gold Christmas Tree Decorations for the upstairs tree in the bonus room. It’s a hang out place when the house is full so I want to always create a festive atmosphere during the holiday season.
It took me days to finally settle on decorating this tree in Red and Gold for Christmas this year.
Thanks to Burlap Fabric for Sponsoring this post by providing ribbon for the tree.
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!
Go here to see our kick-off collection of Holiday ideas as well as all of this years talented participating DIY and Foodie Blogs. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win! GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
See all 12 Days of Christmas Ideas
- Day 1 (Gift Guides) 15 GIFTS WOMEN REALLY WANT UNDER $50
- Day 2 (Holiday Survival Guides) MY HOLIDAY SEASON SURVIVAL TIPS (this is what works for me)
- Day 3 (Kids Activities) TWEEN & TEEN CHRISTMAS ACTIVITIES (I interviewed my Grand kids and these are their answers)
- Day 4 (Party Games) CHEAP & EASY CARDBOARD BOX SNOWMAN BEAN BAG TOSS
- Day 5 (DIY Advent Calendar) ADORABLE ADVENT CALENDAR EASY CHRISTMAS CRAFT
- Day 6 (DIY Wreath) FESTIVE RED BUFFALO PLAID CHRISTMAS WREATH
- Day 7 (DIY Ornaments) SIMPLE & EASY NATIVITY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS
- Day 8 (Christmas Printables) EASY KIDS CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SCAVENGER HUNT GAME
- Day 9 (Pot Luck Recipes) ROASTED BRUSSEL SPROUTS WITH BALSAMIC GLAZE
- Day 10 (Christmas Desserts) CRANBERRY PECAN WHITE FUDGE
- Day 11 (Christmas Breakfast) CHICKEN AND CHEESE EGGS SKILLET
- Day 12 (Christmas Tree) FESTIVE RED AND GOLD CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS
RED AND GOLD DECORATED CHRISTMAS TREE
Before I share how I settled on Red and Gold for the Christmas tree this year, take a look at this same tree from the last two years. Neither my hubby or I can remember how old this fabulous old fake tree is but we know it has been around quite a few years.
Last year you could barely see the tree for all the bows and ribbon. This year it is the living room tree covered in bows which are mostly plaid. Go here to take a look.
Our first Christmas in this home I decorated the upstairs tree in Blue and White. I purchased lots of blue ornaments the year my Mom went to live with Jesus and did the entire tree in blue. She would have laughed but understood. Sorry I don’t have pictures of that blue tree but this blue and white is quite lovely.
Red Chevron Burlap Ribbon adds a nice rustic touch to our traditionally decorated Red and Gold Christmas tree this year.
Thanks to our sponsor BurlapFabric.com for providing the ribbon. I added some to the ‘big tree’ in the living room this year also. It’s decorated in mixed plaids and you can take a peep at it right here.
We shopped for several years, yes I did say years in search of the perfect Angel Tree Topper. There are so many non-traditional tree toppers to choose from these days but not that many Angels. We found this one at a yard sale for $1!! What a hoot and we love her. She’s perfect.
Her porcelain head makes her a little top heavy but if you position her just right, she will easily stay in place. You can’t do that too well on real trees. We tried.
I am happy with the way the tree turned out. It is always fun to give a nod to vintage looks and style I grew up with like using Christmas balls to decorate the tree.
All of the grandchildren will enjoy the festive atmosphere the tree will bring to the bonus room while they are playing board games and hanging out.
Please be sure to scroll down and browse all the trees shared from my fellow holiday loving blog friends.
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup - January 6, 2020