My goal with easy recipes like this one for Crockpot Beef Tips & Gravy is to create a simple supper full of flavor without a lot of work involved.
My Dad loved Beef Tips & Rice and my Mom would cook it for him from scratch the old fashioned way.
You know how you batter the beef tips in flour then brown them on all sides then drain then make the gravy them add the beef tips back in and simmer forever. Yes it is good but it is also time consuming. This easy recipe for Crockpot Beef Tips & Gravy is just as good without all the fuss.
More Simple Crockpot Recipes:
- Crockpot Cube Steak & Mushroom Gravy
- Crockpot Flat Iron Steak & Mushroom Gravy
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Not Quite Mississippi Crockpot Roast
All you need for this simple meal is one or two cans of beef gravy depending on how many beef tips you plan to cook. We want the beef tips to be completely covered with gravy in the Crockpot.
As always, I rinse meat under cool water and drain in a colander before cooking.
Season the beef tips with salt and pepper and then place them into the Crockpot. Sprinkle with one packet of Beefy Onion dry soup mix. Pour the gravy over them and stir.
Turn the Crockpot on to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours. The beef tips will be fork tender and delicious!
Serve Beef Tips and Gravy with:
- Egg Noodles
- Mashed Potatoes
Some folks would insist on having a pan of biscuits just because there is gravy involved. That will be good too!
Rice is a kitchen staple which helps stretch the grocery budget while being yummy and filling at the same time, especially with gravy on top. Don’t throw out the leftover rice, it’s perfectly good to reheat and serve again tomorrow.
Scroll down to download or print the recipe.
Mushrooms and Onions with that?
Add flavor to this easy recipe by seasoning the pot with your favorite flavor of dry soup mix. I like using the Beefy onion flavor. Links below are Amazon affiliate links.
~Share this easy recipe on Pinterest~
- 2 lbs. beef tips
- 2 cans beef gravy (13 oz. ea.)
- 1 packet dry beefy onion soup mix (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place the beef tips in the Crockpot.
- Sprinkle the soup mix and seasonings over top.
- Pour gravy over all then stir to blend.
- Turn Crockpot on low and cook 6 to 8 hours until meat is fork tender.
- Serve over a bed of rice for a delicious, easy and affordable weeknight meal.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Easy Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe - February 19, 2019
- A Week of One Dish Dinner Ideas (Merry Monday 242) - February 17, 2019
- 2019 Spring and Summer Fairs & Festivals In Georgia - February 16, 2019