If your family enjoys a creamy cheesy Macaroni and Cheese, you must trying making it in the Crockpot!
How many different occasions can you come up with to serve Macaroni and Cheese as a side dish? We enjoy it with New Year’s Dinner, July 4th celebrations, Summer Cook-outs, Thanksgiving, Christmas and certainly those big family Sunday dinners after church!
Macaroni and Cheese makes a good side dish for many entrees also. Fried Chicken and Macaroni and Cheese belong together like Fried Fish and Cole Slaw!
The ingredient list for our made from scratch creamy and cheesy Macaroni and Cheese are mostly kitchen staples you already have in your pantry. The only thing you should need to add to your grocery list is the cheese and maybe the canned milk if you don’t tend to keep that on hand.
- 8 oz. dry elbow macaroni (Gluten Free or Whole are fine)
- 4 Cups Shredded Sharp Cheese
- One 13 oz. Can Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 Cups 2% Milk
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Dry Mustard
- 1 tsp. White Pepper
Add additional cheese to the top and allow it to melt before serving if you subscribe to the belief that there is no such thing as too much cheese.
Once you try Macaroni and Cheese cooked in the Crockpot, you will never want it any other way again!
Scroll down for printable recipe
SERVE CROCKPOT MACARONI & CHEESE WITH ANY OF THESE ENTREE IDEAS:
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
- Crockpot Brown Sugar & Pineapple Glazed Ham
- Crockpot Zesty Italian Leg Quarters
- Sunday Dinner Roast Beef
- 8 oz. dry elbow macaroni, (boiled al dente and drained.
- 4 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 13 oz. can of evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1 tsp. White pepper
- Spray the Crockpot dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Pour the mixture into the Crockpot.
- Cook on low with lid on for about 3-4 hours.
- Do not stir while cooking.
- OPTIONAL: Sprinkle about a half cup of shredded cheese on top when done and allow to melt before serving.