This delicious recipe for Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast is a contest entry! That’s right, I have actually mustered up the nerve to participate in a recipe contest!
STUFFED CHICKEN BREAST WITH GRAVY
There is gravy involved and it is made from scratch! Any meat simmered in gravy is going to be crazy delicious and then I stuffed said meat with a flavor packed blend of mushrooms, vegetables and herbs too! Ladies, this recipe proves that old saying, “The way to a mans heart is through his stomach!”
Does this recipe qualify as low carb? Sort of. It depends on how many carb are considered Low Carb for your. The only grain involved is a little flour to make the gravy.
The Rustic Tuscan Blendabella used to stuff the chicken breast only has 3 grams of carbs! If your goal is Keto, skip the gravy!
Here’s the skinny! Giorgia Blendabella sponsored a Summer Blogger Recipe Challenge! How cool is that! I decided to enter. I mean why not, right! I am always cooking and creating new recipes with as few ingredients as possible. If there is one thing I love in a recipe, it is a shortcut!
Blendabella comes is a 12 oz Mason jar. It is a blend of Portabella, Vegetables and Herbs with no artificial preservatives! You can find them at your grocery store.
The cute little Mason Jar container is perfect to be repurposed. You have three flavors to select from; Rustic Tuscan, Zesty Mexican and Coconut Thai.
SKIP THE CUTTING AND CHOPPING
The first thing we made was actually an omelet with the Zesty Mexican. It was a big hit. My hubby is the weekend chef at our house. His breakfasts create memories and make me look forward to weekends! He enjoyed how easy it was to make an omelet full of the combination of vegetables we love without all the cutting, chopping and clean up!
Then it was my turn to create a recipe to enter in the contest! I am always looking for ways to make dinner prep easier! Stuffed boneless Skinless Chicken Breast are always good. We used to buy them already stuffed at the grocery store but the price is outrageous on those! Time to make my own!
Turn on a front burner and grab your favorite skillet. This easy recipe for stuffed chicken breast is a meal in itself!
- Boneless skinless Chicken breast
- 1 Jar Blendabella Rustic Tuscan
- Olive Oil
- All Purpose Flour
Of course I selected big fat chicken breast to stuff from the grocery store. You will want to do the same. First thing to do is butterfly the breast so you can stuff it full of flavor!
Scroll all the way down for the complete recipe.
MY FAVORITE SKILLET
My favorite skillet for cooking meals like this is my 12″ Stainless Steel Emeril skillet.
Gifting ourselves that Emeril Stainless Steel Cookware years ago is still one of our best buys for our home! Buying yourself some good stainless steel cookware is an investment in your own happiness! You will thank yourself later. Having the right tools for cooking is a big part of the process.
My recipe calls for simmering the stuffed chicken breasts in a milk gravy which makes them turn out tender, juicy and full of flavor!
More Boneless Skinless Chicken Recipes To Try
Our Veggie stuffed chicken breast is made on the stove top in about 40 minutes. The milk gravy is made from scratch. Skip the gravy for keto diets.
- 6 Plump Boneless skinless Chicken breast
- 1 (12) Jar Blendabella Rustic Tuscan
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- ⅓ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2½ Cups Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Butterfly the chicken breast
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste
- Stuff each chicken breast with about 1-2 Tbsp. of Blendabella Rustic Tuscan. You may use more if necessary to fill the cavity.
- Heat the Oil in a large skillet
- Add the chicken breast and brown lightly on both sides
- Remove from skillet and set aside
- Use a fork to break loose the renderings of the chicken in the skillet
- Add butter and melt
- Sprinkle the flour, a little at a time, into the skillet and stir well breaking up any pieces so you will not have lumps.
- Slowly add in milk stirring constantly
- Sprinkle with Salt & Pepper to taste
- Bring to a full rolling boil
- Turn heat down to simmer, continue to stir
- Add the chicken breast back into the skillet
- Simmer on low about 20-25 minutes until done, stirring frequently so gravy doesn't stick to bottom of skillet.
- OPTIONAL: Just before adding chicken breast into the gravy to simmer, you may stir the remaining Blendabella Rustic Tuscan into the gravy.
Skip the gravy if you are on a Keto diet.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pompeian Robust Extra Virgin Olive Oil, First Cold Pressed, Full-Bodied Flavor, Perfect for Salad Dressings and Marinades, Naturally Gluten Free, Non-Allergenic, Non-GMO, 68 FL. OZ., Single Bottle
Gold Medal All Purpose Flour 5 lb (Pack of 3)
Rustic Tuscan BLENDABELLA | Gluten Free
Steak Knives Set of 8 - Steak Knife Set - Serrated Steak Knives Dishwasher Safe Steak Knives - Steak Knifes Set of 8 - Stainless Steak Knives Serrated - Dinner Knives by Home Hero
Emeril Lagasse 12 Piece Stainless Steel Cookware Set With Copper Core, Induction Compatible, Dishwasher Safe, Silver
- Gluten Free Delicious Baked Apple Crisp Recipe - September 28, 2020
- 33 Halloween Movies The Whole Family Will Love To Watch - September 14, 2020
- Scrumptious Caramel Iced Apple Cinnamon Rolls Easy Recipe - September 11, 2020