It is school baseball season in our neck of the woods. With games most evenings our menu plan gets a little creative with those cook once eat twice meals. We plan to have leftovers every other day this week and an especially easy meal on Friday night.
We have one grandson in middle school ball and one in high school ball so we are going to a lot of baseball games this time of the year. It becomes necessary to get creative with our meal plan during the week. We just don’t want to break the bank eating out so that is where leftovers save the budget as well as my time in the kitchen.
Our Chicken & Dumplings recipe is really easy to make so I can have it ready early and we can head on out the door to the game.
Leftover Mostly From Scratch Chicken & Dumplings
Heat leftover Chicken and Dumplings slowly over low heat then turn it up to medium as it begins to soften. Sometimes I make cornbread to go with it on the second day just for a little variety.
My hubby would love it if I cooked spaghetti once a week every week. The man loves spaghetti! This dish is even better the next day.
Leftover Two Meat, Two Cheese Baked Spaghetti & Meatballs
Frankly we love the fact that we get to stay home on Friday evening so we’re just going to have some Sloppy Joes and French fries and retire to the sofa. Can’t wait! This is the brand of canned Sloppy Joes I buy on Amazon.
This week is so hectic, I have planned a nice Saturday morning breakfast.
Monday: Chicken and Dumplings
Wednesday: Baked Spaghetti and Meatballs
Friday: Sloppy Joes and French Fries
Breakfast for Saturday: French Loaf Breakfast Omelet
This post contains affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure policy.
Soup Recipes Everyone Loves
- Crockpot Taco Soup with Black Beans (video)
- Minestrone Soup Gluten Free Version with Quinoa and White Beans
- Low Carb Creamy Turkey And Mushroom Soup Made From Scratch
- Easy Homemade Vegetable Soup
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup
- Southern Style Cabbage Soup
- Creamy Corn Chowder with Potatoes & Ham
No Bake Dessert Recipes
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries. Includes tips for melting chocolate.
- Easy Homemade Hot Fudge, use it for ice cream topping or drizzle on a Bundt cake or top any dessert with it.
- No-Churn Ice Cream Chocolate Toffee Flavor. You won’t believe how easy this is to whip up.
- No Bake Triple Berry Cheesecake Parfait. Don’t you love a fruity dessert too!
- Homemade Vanilla Milkshake, a nice treat on a hot day.
- Sweet & Salty Chocolate Caramel Nut Clusters. Make this candy for your sweetheart or for special occasion parties like the holidays.
- Classic Watergate Salad is nice to serve for Mother’s Day, brunches, Thanksgiving or summer or anytime.