Are you the Christmas host this year and you have planned nothing? Don’t fret! We have some ideas all in one place to help you get through it.
Our last minute Christmas planning ideas include menu ideas with quick and easy recipes, super simple last minute decorating tips and even some game ideas your guests are sure to enjoy.
Mix and Match any of these Menu Ideas. Recipe links follow.
- Crockpot Ham ~ Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese ~ Glazed Green Beans
- Swedish Meatballs ~ Rolls ~ Pear Salad
- Wings ~ Slaw ~ Mashed Potatoes ~Mandarin Orange Salad
- Smoked Cornish Hen ~ Macaroni & Cheese ~ Green Beans
- 3 Ingredient Meatballs ~ Pimento Cheese Sandwiches ~ Broccoli Bacon Salad
- Faux Prime Rib ~ Homemade Mashed Potatoes ~ Mandarin Orange Salad
- Crockpot Brown Sugar & Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Wings
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot Lemon Pepper Wings
- Yes our Swedish Meatballs are made from scratch and if you have time, do it but we’re cheating so here’s the scoop. Use frozen Italian style meatballs and follow our recipe for the sauce. Begin at line 5 of the recipe with 2 Tbsp. of vegetable oil and follow the recipe from there.
- Smoked Cornish Hen
- Faux Prime Rib
- 3 Ingredient Meatballs
- Pimento Cheese Spread
- Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese
- Glazed Green Beans
- Homemade Creamy Cole Slaw (a bag of slaw mix and our dressing recipe make it scrumptious)
- Pear & Cherry Salad
- Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- Mandarin Orange Salad
- Broccoli Bacon Salad
Holiday Dessert Recipes
- Desperate? Then just Grab a pretty cake from the bakery at the grocery store! Place it on your prettiest cake pedestal for a homemade look. Do the same thing with a frozen pie like pecan or Key Lime.
- Christmas Magic Cookie Bars
- Watergate Salad is actually a dessert and super easy to throw together with only 3 ingredients and no baking or cooking involved.
- Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Sweet & Salty Candied Pecans
- Maple Walnut Fudge
- Triple Nut Bar Cookies
- Chocolate Pound Cake
- Pecan Snowdrop Cookies
- Key Lime Cake with Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting
Party Treats for the Kiddos
- Use what you have to create layers on your serving or buffet table. Blankets can be used as tablecloths!
- Heavy wrapping paper makes a nice table runner or place mats.
- Heavy brown shipping paper will be stunning as a table runner.
- Attractive bowls, see through glass containers, cheese tray with a glass dome, cake plate with glass dome and vases are great to use as a centerpiece. Fill them with Christmas balls, lights, pine cones, cut pine boughs, acorns, whole nuts in the shell or any festive holiday decor items you already have.
- Place candy canes in Mason jars and group together.
- Fill a glass vase with rocks, acorns, pine cones or whatever medium is available from nature in your yard. \
- Grab a bare branch from a tree in your yard and place it into your vase then hang ornaments from the branch.
- Gather all of your pillar candles from around the house and cluster together, tie ribbon around them for a striking centerpiece. Take this tip a step further by placing them on a pretty serving platter or tiered cake stand.
We have lots of family friendly party games ideas!
- Reindeer Antler Game
- Family Friendly Party Games includes ‘Junk in the Trunk’ and Minute to Win It Games
- 12 Family Friendly Games
- 12 Hilarious Christmas Party Games