Find the Happening’s in Middle Georgia & Beyond
Keeping you informed of What’s Happening On and Off The Beaten Path in Middle Georgia and beyond.
This list is updated biweekly on Thursdays.
FREE events, places and activities are always listed first.
Places (individual cities) with their events and activities are next.
State Parks and local Farmer’s Market’s are at the end of the page.
Please also see Fall Fairs & Festivals In Georgia for a comprehensive list on and off the beaten path
Submit your event for this list HERE
Free Family Fun in Middle Georgia
- Fall Fishing Event. Sept. 26-27. Macon
- Fire Truck with Safety Cards. Sept. 26th. 10am
Macon/Bibb Parks & Recreation Department Fall Movie Series
Movies show at dark at Central City Park. Bring blankets, lawn chairs and your own food and drink. Rain cancels
- 10/2 Annie
- 10/18 The Dark Knight
360 Mt. Vernon Rd. Jackson, Ga. A private, non-profit nature center with Wildlife, trails and family fun for FREE Admission Always!
GA Hwy 247 & Russell Parkway, Warner Robins, GA 31088. FREE Admission Always! 9am-5pm, 7 days per week, 361 Days. Go Here for more information.
- Oct. 9, Wings & Wheels Poke Run
- Oct. 10, Wings & Wheels Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show
Sept 26th is Museum Day Live! Free admission to THESE Museums in Georgia!!
Georgia State Parks are all Admission Free!
Parking is $5 but you can get a FREE PARKING PASS at your local library
Places/Events On & Off The Beaten Path
- Fall Family Fun Days begin on Sept. 26th
- A Chorus Line Sept. 24th-Oct. 11
- Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse Oct. 7-18
Ride in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars. (Admission applies. Call 229-410-7937 for group reservations and rates).
Watermelon Express Train Ride Oct. 3 & 31
Peanut Express Oct. 2
Presidential Flyer Train Ride Nov. 21
Americus Explorer Nov. 7
Peanut Festival Special Sept. 26
Day Out With Thomas Oct. 16,17, 18, 24 &25
Box Office 478-277-2560. 314 Academy Ave. Dublin, Ga.
- Flow Like Poe Oct.1
- This Blood Speaks: The Key to Life is Through His Veins
- Gene Watson and the Farewell Party Band Oct. 17
- Moon Over Buffalo Oct. 23
- First Friday concert series Oct. 2nd, Country Night with Scott Brantley
- Farm to Table every Saturday. 7:30-12:30
- Night of the Living Dead. Oct. 24
- Buddy Jewell. Nov. 12
Indian Springs State Park, 678 Lake Clark Road, Flovilla, GA 30216
- Gospel Sing Off Oct. 3
- Art Exhibition Featuring the works of Bambi & Bill Rogers
- 9th Annual 7 Islands Artifact ID Day Oct. 10
- Blues in the Gardens Oct. 10
- Sock Hop Oct 10
- I’ll Be Back Before Midnight Oct. 16-25
- Movie in the Park. Oct. 23 (Disney’s Planes, Fire & Rescue)
- Zoom Into Nano exhibit runs through Nov. 1. This award-winning hands-on interactive exhibition explores how scientists and innovators study and make things that are too small to see.
- Sept. 26 & 27th Macon to Tennille. The Nancy Hanks Special ~ Macon, GA to Tennille, GA (two round trips per day; 8am & 2pm) A commissary car will be included on the train selling snacks, soft drinks, and light food items. A gift shop will also be featured on board for those wishing to purchase souvenir items. Tickets
~Master Gardener’s of Central Georgia Fall Plant Sale Sept. 24-26~
11th Annual Bluegrass Festival at Andalusia Farms Oct. 10th (Home of Flannery O’Connor)
- The Diary of Anne Frank opens Sept. 11
- October 8-18
Peanut Festival Sept. 26
Visit Plains, Ga. with GPTV’s Georgia Traveler HERE
- Silver Dollar Bluegrass Festival Sept. 26-27 at Silver Dollar Raceway 42 Raceway Dr. Reynolds, Ga. 14 Bands! Free Camping, Arts/Crafts, Good Food. Facebook event page.
- The Zerbini Family Circus is coming to Silver Dollar Raceway! Oct. 24-25.
- Saturday Morning Guided Tours
- Aquarium is open to the public 8am-4pm daily. Closed on national holidays
Museums in Warm Springs
Museum of Aviation located at GA. Hwy 247 at Russell Parkway is open daily 9 am-5 pm with Free Admission.
Sacred Heart Fall Festival Sat. Sept. 26th 9am (Arts & Crafts, Blow-Ups for the kids and my personal favorite, Grannie’s Attic)
Get a FREE ADMISSION Pass for Go Fish at Warner Robins Public Library. Go HERE for more information.
What will you find at the Farmer’s Market? Fresh produce, locally hand made products and services. You may even find pet adoptions!
When are they open? Some are only open during the summer months until early fall, some are open year round.
Contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) to have your market added to the list.
- Bolingbroke Farmer’s Market Every 1st, 3rd & 5th Tuesday. (Sept. 29) (Oct. 6 & 20)3pm-6pm. Located at Country Oaks Farm & Pet Supply 5967 Hwy. 41 S.
- Byron downtown Farmer’s & Artisans Market located in the Jailhouse alley park every Saturday 9am-12pm
- Cochran Farmer’s Market (478) 832-0674 112 N. Second St. On the courthouse lawn. Saturday’s 8 am-Noon.
- Dublin Market on Madison on Facebook. Every Saturday through October. 7:30-12:30. Downtown on Madison St.
- Macon Mulberry Market Every Wednesday 3:30- 6:30 at Tattnall Square Park
- Macon Wesleyan Market Saturday’s 9 am- 1pm On the front lawn of Wesleyan College on Forsyth Rd.
- Macon State Farmer’s Market Open daily 7am-9:30 pm. Located at 2055 Eisenhower Pkwy.
- Milledgeville Marketplace Farmer’s Market Every Tuesday next to the Golden Pantry in downtown Milledgeville.
- Perry Farmer’s Market Every Saturday, year round. 9 am- Noon. Carroll St. Downtown
- Warner Robins International City Farmer’s Market. Every Thursday, year round. 1pm until dusk (6:30ish) Watson Blvd. at Maple St. Perkins Park.
Also see, Georgia Farms and Their Star Products, and Landtohand.org.
GEORGIA STATE PARKS (in Middle Ga.)
F.D. Roosevelt State Park. ($5 parking)
Indian Springs State Park ($5 parking)
Follow Indian Springs State Park on Facebook
Tour the Museum The museum is open for tours the first Sat. of each month from 2-4pm.
The Village at Indian Springs is open! You will find Big Chief Country Store, Daisy Pearl’s Boutique, Ladybugs & Tadpoles Children’s Store, Mrs. Lee’s Stagecoach Sweet Stop, Vintage Post Antiques & Gifts and Watkins Outfitters.
Georgia Travel Tips
Did you know that you can check out Georgia State Park “ParkPass” and Historic Site Pass from your local library. Ask for the Park Pass to exempt the $5 parking fee. Ask for the Historic Sites Family pass which will cover up to four visitor at State historic sites operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
The Fishing Tackle Loaner Program of The Wildlife Resources Division provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices
Georgia State Parks Money saving Special discounts page can be found HERE.
Get a FREE parking pass for an Georgia State Park at your local library. Go HERE for more information.
Submit your event for this list HERE
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017
- 10 Unique DIY Pumpkin Ideas & Merry Monday Link Up Party #172 - September 17, 2017
- Seven Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas - September 16, 2017