My 3 Ingredient Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings recipe is our go-to for an easy scrumptious party or game day food any time of the year!
This recipe has been shared more than 200 thousand times by our readers.
You can Pin it here
I can’t even tell you how many times I have made these for my own family and they still enjoy them.
We like just a tiny bit of char on our Chicken Wings. The secret to making delicious Crockpot BBQ Wings is in the final step!
Also See how to make these into Lemon Pepper Wings
Ingredients for making these Chicken Wings
- Coca Cola
- Chicken wings
- BBQ Sauce
The Wings I Cook
- Bone in,
- Skin on
- Store brand Chicken Wing Drummettes They come in 2 1/2 lb. bags and I usually cook two for my family
The Crockpot to use
I use a 6 quart Crockpot like this one for this recipe with 5 lbs. of wings and they fit comfortably.
How To Cook Crockpot Chicken Wings
No need to thaw the chicken wings. They thaw and cook at the same time. I always rinse my chicken first.
Place the chicken wings in a big colander in the sink and rinse with slow running water to remove any ice crystals which may be on them from the freezer. This colander (affiliate) looks exactly like mine which is large enough to hold all the wings at once.
Use low water pressure, don’t turn the water on full force, so you won’t splash chicken water all over the place. But just to be safe please wash the sink and counters around it any time you have rinsed chicken prior to cooking.
DO NOT THAW
Do not thaw the wings prior to cooking! They thaw, cook and soak up flavor all at one time in just 2 or 3 hours!
Add your frozen wings to the Crockpot after rinsing them in a colander.
Cover with the cola. When we have Coke on hand that is what I use but the store brand and even diet cola works just fine also. Folks have contacted me to say they even used Sprite and it worked well too.
The wings are going to create their own juice while cooking so you only want to barely cover with cola. The combination of the chicken juices and the cola will create a tender juicy deliciousness in your BBQ Wings!
The next step after Slow Cooking
Drain the cooked wings well in the colander before adding the BBQ sauce. Carefully remove the wings from the slow cooker. I use a large slotted spoon like this one (affiliate link)
Do not use tongs to remove the wings from the slow cooker. They are very tender and will fall apart easily. A slotted spoon is best because it allows the juice to drip back into the pot.
The finishing step to making slow cooker BBQ Chicken Wings
Line a large baking pan with foil. Spray the foil with non-stick spray.
Lay your wings out in rows. Brush with your preferred brand of BBQ sauce. We like Sweet Baby Rays which you can find on Amazon right here.
Baste the chicken wings with your BBQ sauce front and back.
Now let’s bake on that yummy sauce.
Place into oven preheated to 350°. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until they have just a tad of char. We love the char on ours. If you don’t, be sure to remove them from the oven sooner.
Scroll down for complete printable/downloadable recipe.
When we have a big crowd and I cook a lot of wings I serve them from disposable aluminum pans like these for easy clean up. Just sit the tongs by the pan and step out of the way!
Side Dishes to serve with BBQ Chicken Wings
- Creamy Homemade Cole Slaw,
- Best Ever BBQ Baked Beans
- Homestyle Oven Baked Fries,
- Southern Style BBQ Baked Beans,
- Southern Potato Salad (made from scratch!)
- Fresh Green Bean Salad
- Baked Potatoes (20 Baked Potato Toppings)
~Follow our Crockpot Recipes Board on Pinterest~
The Secret To The Success of this Wings Recipe
The secret to perfectly cooked Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings is placing them in the oven for a few minutes after removing them from the crockpot. The oven sets the BBQ sauce and keeps the wings from being too wet from cooking in the liquid.
Easy recipe for BBQ Chicken Wings. Only 3 Ingredients and best of all it is a Crockpot recipe!
- 12-16 chicken wings, do not thaw
- 1 can Coke
- 1 Cup BBQ Sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray's)
- Turn Crockpot on low. (I like this Crockpot with great ratings)
- Pour the can of Coke into the crockpot.
- Place all of the chicken wings into the Coke.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Remove wings from Crockpot onto a baking pan covered with foil.
- Brush wings generously with BBQ sauce
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes, just until the BBQ is heated.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crockpot SCV803-SS 8 quart Manual Slow Cooker with 16 oz Little Dipper Food Warmer, Stainless Steel
Wilton Performance Pans Aluminum Large Sheet Cake Pan, 12 x 18-Inch
Basting Brush Silicone Heat Resistant Pastry Brushes Spread Oil Butter Sauce Marinades for BBQ Grill Barbecue Baking Kitchen Cooking, Baste Pastries Cakes Meat Desserts, Dishwasher safe, Set of 4
Aluminum Pans 9x13 Disposable Foil Pans (30 Pack) - Half Size Steam Table Deep Pans - Tin Foil Pans Great for Cooking, Heating, Storing, Prepping Food
Reynolds Kitchens Premium Slow Cooker Liners - 13 x 21 Inch, 12 Packages of 4 Liners (48 Count)
Amount Per Serving Calories 169Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 29mgSodium 386mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 0gSugar 11gProtein 6g
Nutrition information is only estimated and may not be entirely accurate.
More Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Wraps Instant Pot® Or Skillet Easy Recipe
- Lemon Pepper Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe
- Baked BBQ Chicken Bone In
- Homemade Chicken Fajita Wraps with Cilantro-Lime Sauce
- Chicken and Cheese Eggs Skillet Easy Recipe
- Chicken Prosciutto Saltimbocca
- Air Fryer Cheesy Chicken Tenders Recipe
- Baked Chicken Leg Quarters Easy Recipe
- Smothered Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 3 Ingredients Easy Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe