I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of The World Award!
The Sisterhood of the World Award is a blogger shout out to blogger buddies. As bloggers, we support one another, understand one another and learn from each other. We need each other! Who reads blogs the most? Other bloggers.
They say it is an honor to be nominated. That is a true statement. It means someone has admired you or your work enough to bring you to the attention of others. I am indeed honored to have been nominated for the Sisterhood of the World Award. I was nominated by Jen of Nanna’s Wisdom and Melinda of Purple Slob in Recovery.
I fell in love with Jen’s blog when I first came across it at a linky party. Be sure to stop by and link up at Jen’s mid-week party, Wednesday’s Wisdom.
Melinda is a very humorous writer. I always enjoy her humor and wit as she shares her take on life.
- Thank the giver and link their blog to your post
- Answer the 10 questions given to you
- Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and notify them of your nomination.
- Include the logo of the award in your blog post
- Ask 10 questions for your nominees.
1. If you could be an animal, which one would it be and why?
A cat because they can get away with having a bad attitude, demand exactly what they want to eat, sleep all day and get loved on anyway.
2. Is your current blog your first blog, if not what was your other blog/s about.
This is not my first blog. It’s my second. I started a blog years ago while conducting what I like to refer to affectionately as ‘the great job hunt’. That blog was called Southern Fried Job Hunt Tactics. I did a great deal of research about job hunting and shared what I had learned. It was the guerilla tactics which finally landed me my dream job as a social worker for a non-profit agency.
3. Other than blogging for enjoyment do you try to make money online, if so how?
Not at this time. I used to broker ebay and online sales of vintage and antique items for a Dealer which was fun but quite time consuming.
4. Are you a book worm? If so what did you last read?
I am not a big reader. I have a mild case of ADD, I need to be doing multiple things at one time so sitting to read is a talent which escapes me. The last book I read was a part of the Mitford Series. I have the entire set and still hope to read them all.
5. What is your favourite holiday destination?
My favorite holiday is the U.S. celebration of Thanksgiving. Although the meal preparation is work, it’s a joint effort with everyone in the family sharing their best dishes. It is the most relaxed holiday of the year with no real stress. It’s about sharing a meal, relaxing together as a family and just sharing conversations together. I love it!
6. How many hours do you put into your blog each week?
I have never kept up with it but it exceeds the common belief that 40 hours per week is enough to work.
7. Are you a gardener and if so , flowers , veggies or both?
Yes, a flower gardener mostly. I used to have a full vegetable garden and enjoyed all the fresh produce, especially fresh dug potatoes. I mostly work in my flower beds now. My favorite way to grow flowers is from seed.
8. What is your all time favourite movie?
Little Women. My daughter took my Little Women DVD to a friends house once and forgot to bring it back. She went out and bought a new one to replace it and didn’t tell me for years. I never get tired of their story of survival, courage and accomplishment. I read the book as a young girl and have always loved the story.
9. Who is the one person from history do you admire?
My mother who had the greatest influence on my life. Historically speaking, Jesus because it is through Him that I have eternal salvation and through His Word that I have guidance in life.
10. If you could change careers what would you like to do?
I prefer to rely on scripture as my guiding light for making decisions in life. One scripture which speaks to this question and I claim is Philipians 4:11 “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.” That being said, I would return to the field of non-profit social work if the right opportunity should arise.
I have selected these nominees because they have influenced me in some way though the blogosphere. Please do not feel in any way obligated to accept. It is after all, an honor to be nominated!
1. Alli of An Alli Event
2. Erlene of My Pinterventures
3. Bev of Across The Blvd.
4. Julie of Julie’s Lifestyle
5. Amanda of Busy Mama 911
6. Jenn at The Evolution of Mom
7. Bonnie of Our Secondhand House
10 Questions for my nominees
1. What inspired you to start blogging?
2. Name one thing about life that you have learned since becoming a blogger.
3. What is your favorite subject to write about on your blog?
4. What was the last thing you planted in your yard?
5. Who has had the greatest influence on your life other than your parents?
6. What does your typical day always include?
7. Name your favorite sports team.
8. Reality TV or Sitcoms?
9. If you could give your younger self one piece of advice, what would it be?
10. Where is your favorite vacation spot?
Don’t miss a thing! Get our Free weekly newsletter every Sunday night
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Make Your Own Mason Jar Ring Pumpkin Using Washi Tape - October 15, 2019
- Halloween Skeleton Tablescape - October 14, 2019
- Halloween Brownie Parfaits #HalloweenTreatsWeek - October 11, 2019