What’s Happening in Middle Ga. This Weekend Easter 2015
Thanks for stopping by to find out What’s Happening in Middle Ga. This Weekend on and off the beaten path.
This week’s edition of What’s Happening is for the weekend of April 3-5 which is Easter weekend! There is a LOT going on, even for Easter weekend. How about a Glow-in-the-dark Easter egg hunt or the Reptile Review at FDR State park. You won’t wan to miss the Smoke on the Water BBQ & Music Festival in Thomaston!
Americus Explorer Train Ride on the Sam Shortline. April 4 & 25th. Riding in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars, you can travel from Cordele to visit Historic Downtown Americus and tour Habitat for Humanity’s Global Village (Admission applies. Call 229-410-7937 for group reservations and rates).
Easter “Egg”stravaganza at Veterans State Park. Sat. April 4th 10-11 am. Special Guest appearance by the Easter Bunny. All kinds of delicious candy will be on hand. Come out and see just how many Eggs you can get. There will be over 4,000 eggs to pick from. $1 per child. $5 parking Go HERE for more info.
Full Moon Hike at High Falls State Park. April 3, 6:30-8pm. Admission $5, Parking $5.
Story of Wool at Jarrell Plantation. Sat. April 11. 10:30-3:30 From “sheep to shawl.” Includes hands-on activities.
Fired Works at Macon’s Central City Park April 11-19. Featuring 65 potters from Georgia and the Southeast. $5 admission.
Reptile Review at F.D. Roosevelt State Park. April 4, 11 & 25. Times are 11am- 12pm Learn how to ID local snakes, turtles, and lizards Meet at the CCC Stone Amphitheater next to the Park Office. Admission $3 for ages 4 & up. Parking $5.
Smoke on the Water Bbq and Music Festival at Bickley’s Lake in Thomaston. April 3-4th. Destination America will be filming BBQ Pit Wars. Entertainment includes Joe Diffie and Colt Ford.
Plan Ahead, Coming Soon!
Magnolia Soap Box Derby. Macon. April 11th.
27th Annual Dogwood Festival. Perry April 11 & 12th.
Touch a Truck in Macon. April 18th 10am-2pm at Northway Church parking lot on Zebulon Rd. $5. Children under 1 are free.
Strawberry Festival. April 24-25. Reynold
Strawberry Festival at The Rock Ranch April 25. Barnesville. 10am-4pm. $12 admission for ages 4 and up.
Hillside Bluegrass Reunion. April 23-26. Cochran at Hillside Family RV
Barnesville Battle of the Bones. May 1-2. Barnesville. Florida Barbeque Association Georgia State Championship
Massee Lane Gardens Free Admission Day . May 9. 10am-4:30pm. Free Admission Day. 100 Massee Lane, Ft. Valley, Georgia.
F.D. Roosevelt State Park. ($5 parking)
- American Frontier Days April 11 & 12.
- Music & Dancing on the Mountain. April 11 and June 20.
- Wildflowers & Wildlife Discovery Table April 12, 19 & 26 from 11 am-2 pm.
- Pine Mountain Trail Workday April 18, May 16, June 20, July 25 & Aug. 22. Times are 10am-3pm. Volunteer.
High Falls State Park ($5 parking)
- Bass Fishing Basics April 11 from 9am-11am
- Help Restore the Power House April 11 & April 26. Volunteer opportunity.
- Canoeing 101: Intro to Paddling. April 12, 9am-11am. $$10 includes canoe, PFD, and paddle.
- Twlight Night Paddle. April 18, 6:30pm-8pm. $15 includes gear.
Jarrell Plantation Historic Site (711 Jarrell Plantation Rd. Juliette, GA 31046) Admission $4-6.50)
- Story of Wool at Jarrell Plantation. Sat. April 11. 10:30-3:30 From “sheep to shawl.” Includes hands-on activities.
Georgia Veterans State Park. (2459 U.S. Highway 280 W. Cordele, GA 31015) $5 parking
- Kayak/Canoe Tour of Lake Blackshear. April 11 & 25th 3pm-5pm. $8 per person.
- Smores & More April 11 & 25th 7-8pm $2 per person.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Unique DIY Pumpkin Ideas & Merry Monday Link Up Party #172 - September 17, 2017
- Seven Super Easy Halloween Party Food Ideas - September 16, 2017
- How To Make Charlie Brown Cookies - September 13, 2017