Welcome to Happenings in Middle Georgia and Beyond
Keeping you informed of What’s Happening On and Off The Beaten Path in middle Georgia and beyond.
Just a quick note to you!
We are going to a biweekly update on these posts beginning today. I will continue to update and make additions where needed between posts so check back often. Be sure to subscribe to this blog with the box at the bottom so you won’t miss anything! To have your event considered for addition, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strawberry Festival at The Rock Ranch April 25. Barnesville. 10am-4pm. $12 admission for ages 4 and up.
Barnesville Battle of the Bones. May 1-2. Barnesville. Florida Barbeque Association Georgia State Championship
Hillside Bluegrass Reunion. April 23-26. Cochran at Hillside Family RV
Americus Explorer Train Ride on the Sam Shortline. April 25th. Riding in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars, you can travel from Cordele to visit Historic Downtown Americus and tour Habitat for Humanity’s Global Village (Admission applies. Call 229-410-7937 for group reservations and rates).
Massee Lane Gardens Free Admission Day . May 9. 10am-4:30pm. Free Admission Day. 100 Massee Lane, Ft. Valley, Georgia.
Fired Works at Macon’s Central City Park April 11-19. Featuring 65 potters from Georgia and the Southeast. $5 admission.
Touch a Truck in Macon. April 18th 10am-2pm at Northway Church parking lot on Zebulon Rd. $5. Children under 1 are free.
Macon Dragon Boat Races are Saturday April 18th at Sandy BLake Tobesofkee. The races begin at 1pm.
Second Annual Family Financial Wellness Fair April 18, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., in the University Center on Mercer’s Macon campus. Free and open to the public, will include services such as credit reports and credit scores for the first 100 participants, consultation with certified financial planners, seminars on the Affordable Care Act, student loans and credit reports, activities for children and door prizes.
Houston County Friends of Library Old Book Sale April 30-May 2. Perry. Georgia Building of the Ga. National Fairgrounds.
Callaway Gardens Azalea Season is going on now thru Thursday April 30th. More than 20,000 azaleas!
- Symphony on the Sand with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Friday April 24th
Reptile Review at F.D. Roosevelt State Park. April 25. Times are 11am- 12pm Learn how to ID local snakes, turtles, and lizards Meet at the CCC Stone Amphitheater next to the Park Office. Admission $3 for ages 4 & up. Parking $5.
$2 Off Wild Animal Safari at Pine Mountain. Go HERE for discount tickets.
Strawberry Festival. April 24-25. Reynolds
Parking Lot Party supporting Wounded Warrior Project. Sun. May 3 in the Hobby Lobby parking lot on Watson Blvd. 1-5pm.
GEORGIA STATE PARKS
F.D. Roosevelt State Park. ($5 parking)
- Music & Dancing on the Mountain. April 11 and June 20.
- Wildflowers & Wildlife Discovery Table April 12, 19 & 26 from 11 am-2 pm.
- Pine Mountain Trail Workday April 18, May 16, June 20, July 25 & Aug. 22. Times are 10am-3pm. Volunteer.
High Falls State Park ($5 parking)
- Help Restore the Power House April 11 & April 26. Volunteer opportunity.
- Canoeing 101: Intro to Paddling. April 12, 9am-11am. $$10 includes canoe, PFD, and paddle.
- Twlight Night Paddle. April 18, 6:30pm-8pm. $15 includes gear.
Jarrell Plantation Historic Site (711 Jarrell Plantation Rd. Juliette, GA 31046) Admission $4-6.50)
- Story of Wool at Jarrell Plantation. Sat. April 11. 10:30-3:30 From “sheep to shawl.” Includes hands-on activities.
Georgia Veterans State Park. (2459 U.S. Highway 280 W. Cordele, GA 31015) $5 parking
- Kayak/Canoe Tour of Lake Blackshear. April 11 & 25th 3pm-5pm. $8 per person.
- Smores & More April 11 & 25th 7-8pm $2 per person.
Did you know that you can check out Georgia State Park “ParkPass” and Historic Site Pass from your local library. Ask for the Park Pass to exempt the $5 parking fee. Ask for the Historic Sites Family pass which will cover up to four visitor at State historic sites operated by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
The Fishing Tackle Loaner Program of The Wildlife Resources Division provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices
Georgia State Parks Money saving Special discounts page can be found HERE.
Georgia Aquarium located in downtown Atlanta. Exhibits and galleries include more than 10 million gallons of fresh and marine water and more aquatic life than found in any other aquarium.
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 12 Things To Know Before Visiting A Corn Maze Plus Our Big Georgia List - September 22, 2017
- Easy Classic Lasagna Recipe - September 21, 2017
- How To Cook Boiled Peanuts - September 20, 2017