What’s Happening in Middle Georgia This Weekend 3/27/15
Thanks for stopping by to find out What’s Happening in Middle Georgia, and beyond This Weekend on and off the beaten path.
This week’s edition of What’s Happening is for the weekend of March 26-29, 2015.
- Presidential Flyer Train Ride on the Sam Shortline. March 27 & 28. Go HERE for booking. Riding in air-conditioned, 1949 vintage train cars, you will travel from Georgia Veterans State Park, across Lake Blackshear to Plains, Archery and back. Explore President Jimmy Carter’s boyhood farm, go shopping and sample peanut butter treats.
- Guided Kayak and Canoe Tour at Ga. Veterans State Park. Sat. March 28 3pm-5pm. Go HERE for more information.
- Easter “Egg”stravaganza at Veterans State Park. Sat. April 4th 10-11 am. Special Guest appearance by the Easter Bunny. All kinds of delicious candy will be on hand. Come out and see just how many Eggs you can get. There will be over 4,000 eggs to pick from. $1 per child. $5 parking Go HERE for more info.
There is no shortage of events involved with the International Cherry Blossom Festival. Check the EVENTS page of the Cherry Blossom website for everything offered daily. Visit the Cherry Blossom Festival Office 794 Cherry St. 8:30am-5pm for souvenirs.
Central City Park Events
- Nightly Concerts begin at 6pm Go HERE for list of bands
- Drew Exposition Amusement Rides: Saturdays, March 21 & 28: FREE RIDES from 9:30-11am. Sundays, March 22 & 29: FREE RIDES with same-day church bulletin from 12:30-1:30pm. Monday-Thursday, March 23-26: Unlimited Rides @ $20
- Aussie Kingdom Live Animal Show with show times at 12:30pm – 4:30pm – 7:30pm (25-30 minutes each) The only touring Australian wildlife show in North America!
- Horses, Horses, Horses. More than 12 horses in the show with Show times, every 30 minutes beginning at 11:30 daily.
- Skybound Canines Freestyle frisbee, trick dogs, and dock diving! Friday, Saturday, & Sunday (March 27-29): Noon, 3pm, & 7pm
- Food Truck Frenzy March 28-29. Sat. 12-7 & Sun. 11-5. Downtown Macon. 3rd Street between Mulberry Street & Walnut Street
- Mulberry Street Arts & Crafts Festival. Macon. March 28-29. Mulberry Street between 2nd and 3rd Street
- Spring Spirit Stroll at Riverside Cemetary March 20-29. 6pm-7pm. 1301 Riverside Dr. Macon. $10 per person
- Ocmulgee National Monument Lantern Light Tours March 27-29 at 7:30 pm. $5 per person (13+)
…and Much More! Go HERE for more Event information.
- 2015 Easter Eggstravaganza at Crooked Pines Farms. Eatonton. March 28. 10am-2pm. 355 Harmony Road Eatonton, Georgia 31024. 706-347-0274
- 15th Annual Bluebirds & Bluegrass Festival at Dauset Trails March 28th. The main gate opens at 9:00 am. Live bluegrass music, dulcimer workshop, rock climbing wall, spider bungee jump, moonwalks, wildlife and outdoor recreation exhibits, blacksmithing, food and drink, and much more.
- Glow-In-The-Dark Easter Egg Hunt at High Falls State Park. Sat. April 4th 7-9 pm.. More information Here. $3 per child. $5 parking.
- 190th Lafayette Anniversary Celebration Are you a history buff? You won’t want to miss this celebration of General Lafayette’s visit in 1825. Friday March 27. Events begin at 10am with a parade from the Old Governor’s Mansion to Georgia Military College. Go HERE for full schedule of events.
- Spring Home & Garden Show. March 28-29. Perry. Ga. National Fairgrounds
- Night Eggstravaganza Friday March 27.7-8:30 pm. F.D. Roosevelt State Park Hunt $4 per child ages 3 & up. Easter Bonnet Parade $1; Make a hat $2. $5 parking. More information HERE.
- Smoke on the Water Bbq and Music Festival at Bickley’s Lake in Thomaston. April 3-4th. Destination America will be filming BBQ Pit Wars. Entertainment includes Joe Diffie and Colt Ford.
Plan Ahead, Coming Soon!
Smoke on the Water Bbq and Music Festival at Bickley’s Lake in Thomaston. April 3-4th. Destination America will be filming BBQ Pit Wars. Entertainment includes Joe Diffie and Colt Ford.
Magnolia Soap Box Derby. Macon. April 11th.
27th Annual Dogwood Festival. Perry April 11 & 12th.
Strawberry Festival. April 24-25. Reynolds
Massee Lane Gardens Free Admission Day . May 9. 10am-4:30pm. Free Admission Day. 100 Massee Lane, Ft. Valley, Georgia.
To have your event considered for addition, please contact: Shirley at Shirley.email@example.com with subject EVENTS
Follow us on social media
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 10 Most Popular Recipes and Home Ideas of the Decade - January 16, 2020
- Most Popular Recipes And Ideas of 2019 - January 14, 2020
- Easy White Beans And Ham Soup - January 6, 2020