Today is National Cereal Day!
Let’s have some fun! Here is some entertaining information about cereal you just can’t live without. Included are Facts, links to recipes and links for some Cereal box repurposing projects for you and the children!
Do you have a recipe which has cereal as an ingredient? Please leave the link for us in the comments.
- 6 dearly departed cereals by General Mills blog Taste Of General Meals is a quick read here
- Create you own cereal box over at Hello Cereal Lovers by going here. There are some really cool creations which have already been submitted.
- Go over to Bettycrocker.com for this pretty dish called Trix® Very Berry Parfaits Go here for more recipes made with cereals from Betty Crocker.
- Will Keith (W.K.) Kellogg was born April 7, 1860. W.K., along with his brother, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, was the co-inventor of flaked cereal. Although he lacked a formal education beyond the sixth grade, W.K. Kellogg forever changed the way we eat breakfast. When he died on October 6, 1951, at the age of 91, he had amassed a fortune and enriched the lives of people in his hometown of Battle Creek, Michigan, and millions of others around the world. Read more about it at here.
- To see a list of athletes on cereal boxes, go over here to Wikipedia
Fun Cereal Box Repurpose Projects
It can’t just be about eating, can it? We simply must make a project somehow! There are so many fun things to do with an empty cereal box! Pinterest if full of great ideas. Here are just a few I wanted to share with you. Links are to the Pin, not the page for the project. You can either repin or keep going. If the original link wasn’t available strait from the Pin, I searched it out and included it for you. You can follow me on Pinterest here. I’d love to have you join me!
- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/267049452876252034/ Wall art
- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/226376318742432228/ Stacking Mail trays
- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/121315783685268544/ Cereal Box Drawer dividers (Here is the original post, I had to search for it, so I want to save you the trouble, http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk/2013/02/diy-cereal-box-drawer-dividers-iheartorganizing-diy-organizing-tutorial.html)
- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/113223378106412422/ A Collection of Cereal box crafts and toys for children. (original link took some searching, here it is, http://www.sassydealz.com/2014/02/kids-crafts-activities-made-cereal-boxes.html )
- http://www.pinterest.com/pin/168392473540190633/ Twine Basket from cereal box
I think we should all have cereal for supper today!
John Cena is the athlete on the cereal box. His name is on his shirt. He is a professional wrestler for WWE.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Repurpose Milk Jugs & 2 Liter Bottles for Winter Seed Sowing, here
DIY Bookmarks and Repurposing Old Books, here
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Make Your Own Mason Jar Ring Pumpkin Using Washi Tape - October 15, 2019
- Halloween Skeleton Tablescape - October 14, 2019
- Halloween Brownie Parfaits #HalloweenTreatsWeek - October 11, 2019