Our Cheddar Fried Cauliflower Bites made their first appearance for our little Superbowl party a few years ago. They are a cheesy, crispy delicious addition to an otherwise calorie laden party menu.
Cauliflower is loaded with fiber and Vitamins B-6 and Vitamin C. Of course battering and frying anything makes it automatically delicious and adds one or two calories, that is understood. But if we can turn boring cauliflower into a delicious snack, let’s just do it!
We fried our battered cauliflower in shallow Peanut Oil in a large skillet on top of the stove. Don’t walk away, it only takes a minute and you’ll want to turn them over while they are cooking. Be sure to drain on paper toweling.
Do you prefer to buy cheese in block and shred it yourself or buy the convenience packs which are already shredded. I like the convenience of those already shredded but feel like the blocks are just a tad more flavorful.
More Delicious Ways to Eat Vegetables:
- Blackeyed Pea Salsa
- Stovetop Grilled Cabbage Steaks
- Campfire Grilled Chicken & Veggie Foil Pack Dinner
- Broccoli and Bacon Salad
~Share This Recipe To Pinterest~
- 1 Cup self rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped raw cauliflower
- Oil for frying
- Mix together everything except the cheese and cauliflower until well blended.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Gently blend in the cauliflower.
- Drop each cauliflower into hot oil until nice and golden brown.
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Serve and enjoy!
If easy recipes attract your attention like they do mine, you’ll want to try our Easy Guacamole Recipe too! Perfect for Taco Tuesday or game day in front of the TV.