We are also on You Tube!
Green Beans and Thanksgiving were meant to be together! We are lucky to have anything green on the Thanksgiving table since we break out all the most carb filled dishes for the biggest meal of the year!
Thanksgiving is really one of my favorite days of the year. It is such a relaxing day with family spent fellow-shipping over a fabulous meal. Everyone in each family brings their most requested dishes to share. We usually have two turkeys. Everyone also brings their own to-go containers because we always plan for leftovers. It’s wonderful!
Scroll down for the printable recipe
Also see our Thanksgiving recipes and prep ideas:
- How To Make Southern Cornbread Dressing
- Citrus & Herb Turkey Brine
- Crockpot Macaroni & Cheese
- Thanksgiving Menu with Grocery List for Recipes
These Green Beans will come out fresh and delicious. No one will even know you made them in the microwave!
Prepare 1 lb. of fresh green beans by snipping of the tip ends.
Place them into a shallow microwave safe bowl with lid.
Pour about 1 cup of water or Chicken broth over beans and cover with lid
Microwave on high for about 5-7 minutes. You want the beans to be steamed but crisp.
Once done, toss with a nice sprinkling of sea salt, serve and enjoy!
Optional. I toss roasted Pecan halves into the Green Beans.
- (1) lb. Fresh whole green beans
- 1 Cup chicken broth or water
- Dash of Sea Salt
- ½ Cup Pecan halves slightly toasted
- Prepare 1 lb. of fresh green beans by snipping of the tip ends.
- Place the beans into a shallow microwave safe bowl with lid.
- Pour about 1 cup of water or Chicken broth over beans and cover with lid
- Microwave on high for about 5-7 minutes. You want the beans to be steamed but crisp.
- Once done, toss with a nice sprinkling of sea salt and the toasted pecans.
- Serve and Enjoy
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Easy Mardi Gras King Cake Recipe - February 19, 2019
- A Week of One Dish Dinner Ideas (Merry Monday 242) - February 17, 2019
- 2019 Spring and Summer Fairs & Festivals In Georgia - February 16, 2019