Don’t toss that half eaten box of crackers in your pantry! Use them to make some yummy baked chicken tenders!
We all have a half eaten box of crackers in our pantry. Crush those crackers and use them in recipes like these baked chicken tenders!
When Mama made baked chicken tenders I seem to recall she had to cut up the chicken herself but now we can purchase boneless skinless tenders in nice big packages. We prefer the chicken tenderloins because they are slightly smaller, not too thick and more tender.
Boneless skinless chicken tenderloins are very versatile and can be used for many recipes. We purchase them in bulk then separate them at home into meal size packages for us and freeze for later. Meat is generally cheaper in bulk and buying it that way saves on the grocery budget in the long run.
Mom’s this is a super easy recipe and one you can toss together quickly when the kids are home from school.
Pour the crackers into your food chopper and crush. I used about two cups. You can adjust that amount if you are making more or less of the baked chicken tenders. After your crackers are chopped, add your seasoning to the bag, seal and toss to blend. Just give a bag a couple of good shakes.
One of my favorite tools in the kitchen is my little food chopper. I enjoy giving them as gifts. Everyone should have a little food chopper!
Now place one or two chicken tenders at a time into the bag with the crushed crackers. Seal and shake to cover.
Place the tenders onto a prepared baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes then turn them all over and bake another 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- 5-6 chicken tenderloins
- 2 Cups Crushed Cheez-Its crackers, in flavor of your choice
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili powder
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Crush crackers in food processor.
- Pour crushed crackers and all of the spices into a Ziploc bag. Toss to blend.
- Place one or two chicken tenders at a time into the crushed cracker and seasoning mixture. Toss to coat.
- Place on prepared baking pan and place into the oven.
- Cook for 20 min. then turn over and cook 20 min. more or until internal temp reaches 165º.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!
This is such an easy recipe and perfect for movie night at home or any type of party you may be planning with finger foods. You can easily cut up your tenderloins into smaller bite size pieces for party finger foods.
More easy recipes using chicken
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017