Our Waffle Iron Grilled Tomato & Avocado Sauce Sandwich is a new creation thanks to the heat of the summer! Don’t you just love sandwiches in the summer?
It is always fun to use a waffle iron in the kitchen, isn’t it? I can’t remember the last time I actually made waffles in it though! I’ve been plotting using it for sandwiches for quite some time and summer menu planning provided the perfect chance.
How thin do you slice your tomatoes for sandwiches. I slice them fairly thin sometimes using my mandolin. While I always enjoy using the mandolin, I’m extra careful because those blades are super sharp. I’m convinced it would cut my hand off all the way up to my elbow!
One of the great things about these sandwiches is the superfoods used to make them, avocado and tomato not to mention how tasty it is!
- Sourdough bread
- 1 large fresh Tomato sliced thin
- Fresh Mozzeralla sliced
- Recipe for Avocado Lime Sauce
- 3 Tbsp. melted butter
- Prepare the recipe for Avocado Lime Sauce and place in the refrigerator.
- Baste the bread with the melted butter.
- Cook the bread in the waffle iron until lightly brown.
- Pull bread slices apart while still hot to prevent them from sticking together.
- Coat bread with Avocado Lime Sauce.
- Top sauce with tomatoes then mozzeralla.
- Serve and enjoy!
We have been enjoying sandwiches all summer and even though BLT’s are a favorite, we wanted an Avocado and Tomato sandwich. I think we have a winner with this one!
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- 9 Summer Crafty Ideas and Merry Monday Link Up Party #164 - July 23, 2017
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017