My Stovetop Grilled Easy Chicken Parmigiana Recipe has only 6 ingredients and is packed with homestyle flavor.
I love creating easy scrumptious recipes. Thanks to Ragu Homestyle Sauces, you don’t have to spend hours creating a homestyle flavor. There is no salt added to my Easy Chicken Parmigiana recipe plus it’s on the table in under an hour.
Ragu Homestyle has done all the hard work, steeping the best ingredients for the most flavor so your Italian dishes will be fabulous too! That’s how I’m able to create this delicious recipe with only 6 ingredients!
My recipe is inspired by a dish that my husband and I used to order in a local restaurant in our hometown. Have you ever tried to recreate a favorite restaurant dish?
The new Ragu Homestyle Thick & Hearty Pasta Sauces make meal prep easier allowing you to cut down on ingredients. They’ve packed a lot of homestyle flavor in every jar. My Easy Chicken Parmigiana recipe is made with the Thick & Hearty Roasted Garlic flavor .
Linguine is our choice of pasta, prepared al dente.
I’m growing my own Basil in the kitchen right now. I’ve enjoyed using it as a garnish for home cooked meals. We had three of our grandchildren over when I prepared this meal so I really wanted to serve them a good dish.
First you want to pack a ton of flavor into your chicken thighs. Cooking with bonesless, skinless chicken thighs creates a more tender and juicy piece of chicken with less fat.
Begin by marinading your chicken thighs in Italian dressing for about 30 minutes. I use a plastic zip bag and massage the chicken a few times while marinading.
Then, pour out the liquid and sprinkle dry Italian dressing mix into the plastic bag and massage to cover all the thighs. You can create much more flavor by using the dry Italian seasoning rather than the bread crumbs traditionally used for chicken parmigiana. It also makes the chicken a little lighter.
I use my stovetop griddle to cook the chicken. No oils needed, it’s non-stick but I always spray for my own peace of mind. The chicken is scrumptious cooked this way.
Ragu Homestyle sauces are steeped in tradition just like homemade. Do you see those bits of garlic simmering in the saucepan? To say we loved the flavors would be an understatement.
- 6-8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Jar Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic sauce
- 2 packs of dry Italian dressing mix
- 1 Cup Italian dressing
- ½ Cup Shredded Parmesan
- 12 oz. Linguine noodles, cooked and drained.
- Marinade the thighs in the Italian dressing for about 30 minutes.
- Drain the marinade from the chicken.
- Toss the chicken with the 2 packs of dry Italian dressing mix to cover well.
- Grill chicken until done.
- Heat the Ragu Homestyle Roasted Garlic Sauce in a saucepan while chicken is cooking.
- Serve layered from first to last; noodles on bottom, then sauce, then chicken topped with a spoonful of sauce and finally sprinkled with the shredded Parmesan.
- Garnish with fresh basil if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
What is your family’s favorite Italian recipe? You can find lots of recipe ideas to create your own family traditions with the Homestyle Sauces on the Ragu site here.
My hubby says my new Easy Chicken Parmigiana recipe is even better than he remembers we used to have at that restaurant in our hometown.
All three grandchildren loved it and cleaned their plates. That always make me smile. That means you’ll see this dish on my Menu Plan very soon.
Want more easy recipes? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter
We share at Meal Plan Monday and THESE parties.
More from our site
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017