We are stretching this weeks budget with 4 Cook Once Eat Twice Menu options.
I have been challenging myself since I started my Weekly Menu series. My hubby is enjoying the process. It’s a fact that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, isn’t it! He’s pretty excited about those Meatball Sub Sandwiches on this week’s menu.
The two biggest benefits to weekly menu planning I’ve come to realize are managing the grocery budget and relieving the stress of deciding what to cook for dinner every day.
Faux Prime Rib with California Vegetables and Baked potatoes.
My Faux Prime Rib recipe is great for Sunday dinner at home because this is one of those turn the oven off and let it cook meals. When we get back home for church I will prepare the vegetables and we’ll be ready to eat. I allow the potatoes to cook with the meat. Easy Sunday dinner!
TIP: Buy a large enough Eye of Round to slice off the meat for Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches on Monday. I use my electric knife to slice the meat thin.
Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches with Oven Baked Homestyle Fries.
3 Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs served on a bed of rice.
Cook enough meatballs to store in the refrigerator for Wednesdays dinner too.
Meatball Sub Sandwiches with Oven Baked Sweet Potato Chips.
Cheesy Parmesan Baked Chicken (recipe below) served with Baked Yams and Green Beans.
Cook enough chicken to store in the refrigerator for tomorrows dinner too.
Chicken Sandwiches served with Broccoli, Bacon & Raisin Salad
We always try to cook something on Friday which will be leftover for Saturday. Our Broccoli, Bacon & Raisin Salad is perfect leftover as it tastes even better the next day.
4 Cook Once Eat Twice Meals
- Faux Prime Rib one day and Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches the next.
- 3 Ingredient Crockpot Meatballs one day Meatball Sub Sandwiches the next.
- Cheesy Parmesean Baked Chicken one day and Chicken Sandwiches the next.
- Broccoli, Bacon and Raisin Salad as a side one day and the main dish the next.
- 4 Boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs
- 1 Packet of ranch dressing mix
- ½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices swiss or provolone cheese
- Wash and pat the chicken dry
- Place the dressing mix and cheese into a resealable plastic bag.
- Toss the chicken, one piece at a time to coat.
- Place the chicken into a sprayed baking dish.
- Cook at 350° for 20-30 minutes until chicken is done.
- Just before removing chicken from the oven, top with Swiss or Provolone cheese and return to oven just until melted.
Increase quantities in the recipe so that you can cook enough chicken for the next nights meal also. Don’t melt the cheese on the chicken pieces you are refrigerating for the sandwiches.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for more frugal family ideas
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017