This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WildSideOfFlavor #CollectiveBias
My Crockpot Broccoli and Sausage Macaroni Casserole recipe is a new favorite in our home!
How often do you learn about a product through word of mouth? After a conversation with a friend singing praises of the Bold Flavors in Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage, I created this recipe. Let me tell you to whom I served my new Crockpot Broccoli & Sausage Macaroni Casserole.
Before I tell you who enjoyed this easy Crockpot casserole, I have to tell you why. Our air conditioner unit quit working in our home. We knew it was nearing the end and were hoping it would not quit during the heat of summer. It quit during our unseasonably warm spring.
Because we live a frugal lifestyle, my hubby was wise to seek three different estimates for the new unit. He never goes with the least expensive but usually picks the estimate in the middle. This time he was able to negotiate a good final price for the brand we wanted.
I like to prepare a meal for the men who are working in our home just to show some southern hospitality. I cooked a huge BBQ dinner for the floor crew who replaced all of our flooring several years ago.
A friend had told me recently about how much they enjoyed the bold flavors when they tried Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage so I have been wanting to try it.My friend was telling me that the sausage has no MSG, no fillers, it’s high in protein and it’s Gluten free.
Who better to serve bold flavor to but a bunch of hard working men, right?
As soon as we knew which day the crew would be replacing our broken central air unit, I began planning my recipe.
I headed out to Walmart to grab my few ingredients. The Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage is on Rollback pricing, so score! I found it easily in the meat department among the smoked sausages.
This recipe has a lot going for it. There are only 7 ingredients. There is no salt added because I took advantage of the bold flavors in the Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage. By adding the flavored tomatoes to compliment the meat, there is no need for any other seasonings.
- 1 pkg. Smoked Sausage Link's cut into bite size pieces (Jack Link's Brand)
- 1 Cup broccoli chopped
- 1 Can (15 oz.) basil, garlic, oregano diced tomatoes
- 3 Cups shredded sharp cheese
- 1 (13 oz.) can evaporated milk
- 1 Cup 2% milk
- 1 pkg. (1 lb.) macaroni noodles
- Boil and drain the noodles according to package directions.
- Cut the smoked sausage links into bite size pieces.
- Cut broccoli into bite size pieces
- Set Crockpot to low temp.
- Place all of the prepared ingredients into the Crockpot and stir well to blend the cheese and milk.
- Cook on low temp for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
The day they installed our new air unit was actually a very nice spring day. So I served the crew their Broccoli & Sausage Macaroni Casserole on our deck. I’m happy to report that the men in the crew cleaned their plates and shared rave reviews. My hubby went back for seconds and suggested we should use this recipe for pot luck dinners in the future because everyone will love it!
Jack Link’s is a brand we have always trusted and often purchased. I’m so glad my friend told me to try their smoked sausages! We have a new favorite and I’m looking forward to adding their bold flavors into other recipes like our next Low Country Boil!
What is your favorite way to eat Jack Link’s Wild Side Sausage?
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017