Let’s just face it, oversize cats call for an Oversize Cat Litter Box! Are you having problems with your cat not always making it to the litter box? We shared these 9 Reasons Cats Stop Using Their Litter Box after we had that problem.
They are just so sweet when they are sleeping. Meet Heblee and Hoblee our sweet feline fur babies. They are brothers from birth and best friends for life. Thankfully, they don’t do everything together. Hoblee got bigger and developed a need for a larger litter box!
This will likely be the easiest DIY project you do this year! I’m sharing what we did because it worked for us to solve the problem. As parents of fur babies we want to share tips and tricks that worked for us.
Heblee shares his Daddy’s love for basketball. Apparently he may need glasses though.
Heblee wanted to help me during a marathon office cleaning session by packing the trash down. Cats are so entertaining!
How to make your own over sized cat litter box
- Purchase a very large plastic storage container. Be sure to get one larger than your cat. One of the nine reasons cats stop using their litter box is because they become too large to turn around and scratch to cover their business. That makes good sense, doesn’t it.
2. Use a sharp knife to cut an entry/exit hole. Take care not to cut the hole too close to the bottom. You don’t want the litter to spill out.
3. Fill with litter and you are done. They will get right in there and christen it immediately.
Don’t fill the litter too deeply. See the 9 Reasons for more about litter depth.
Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017