This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BaconDoneWright #CollectiveBias
Let me share how you can easily jazz up your family’s favorite meat and potato casserole. My Jazzed Up Meat & Potato Casserole is a newly remade old family favorite. Most seasoned cooks have a meat and potato casserole in their repertoire of recipes.
This meat and potato casserole recipe has been made in my family for so many years. My children grew up eating it and are now preparing it for their families! It’s wildly popular but now I’ve jazzed it up with Wright® Brand Bacon!
Everything is better with bacon, right! Not only did I jazz up my old meat and potato casserole with Wright® Brand Bacon but I hit it out of the park with their Applewood smoked bacon! Applewood slow smoked is just about the only way bacon could possibly be any better than it already is!
Wright® Brand Bacon always has thicker, heartier slices which make the best flavor explosions when blended into your casserole recipes. Those thick pieces of bacon look quite enticing in my Jazzed Up Meat & Potato Casserole, don’t they! My husband had trouble believing it was possible to even improve upon one of his favorite dinner dishes. When I told him I purchased his personal favorite Wright® Brand Bacon, he thought I was trying to sweeten him up for something!
The best way to cook bacon is on a cookie sheet lined with foil. Place the bacon on cooling racks, as shown, which will allow any grease to drip. Place into a preheated 400° oven for 15-25 minutes depending on how done you like your bacon. I like the crispy edges and my hubby likes the soft centers.
Notice how thick Wright® Brand Bacon is after cooking! I mean, seriously, that bacon hardly shrunk! Wright® Brand Bacon gives me bigger, better slices for my favorite family recipes. Wright® Brand Bacon only uses the best cuts of premium meat, hand-selected and hand-trimmed. That’s why it’s my husband’s favorite brand!
Here’s my Jazzed Up Meat & Potato Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb. Ground turkey, browned and drained
- 2 Cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 can sliced potatoes, drained
- 8-10 slices of cooked bacon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 cup French fried onions
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place the drained, cooked bacon into a food chopper for just a couple seconds. Large chopped pieces are good for this casserole.
- Set aside about ½ cup of the chopped bacon
- In a bowl, gently stir together the turkey, soup, remaining bacon and seasonings.
- Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick spray
- Pour the blended ingredients into the prepared baking dish
- Fold the potatoes into the mixture gently so you don't break the potatoes
- Bake, covered at 350° for 30-45 minutes until the casserole is hot and bubbly
- Top with the bacon you set aside, shredded cheese and French fried onions.
- Return to oven uncovered just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Have you ever had trouble finding anything in the grocery store? I mean we feel like we should know our favorite Kroger like the back of our hand, right. Well, sometimes it just helps to know in advance where things are! Wright® Brand Bacon is in the same section as the lunch meat. Good to know!
Head on over to the Wright® Brand Bacon website here and find some new recipe ideas for your family. Just so you know the Wright® folks have a recipe called Steak Cut Heritage Cured Bacon Lollipops! I could surprise my husband with those, couldn’t I!
What is your family’s favorite casserole? Will you jazz it up with some Wright® Brand Bacon?
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Shirley Wood (see all)
- Made From Scratch Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe - July 17, 2017
- Fruity Dessert Recipes and Merry Monday Link Party #163 - July 16, 2017
- 7 Chicken Dinner Ideas for Summer and Merry Monday Link Party #162 - July 9, 2017