Are you looking for a good Key Lime Cake recipe? Stacy’s Key Lime Cake with Key Lime Cream cheese Frosting is your last stop.
Stacy and I have been married almost 18 years. He has developed a love of baking in that time and a reputation for being a good baker among our family, friends and his co-workers. He shared a Key Lime Cake with co-workers during their Christmas celebration last year. All he brought home was a clean empty plate.
Stacy’s Strawberry Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting is really at the top of the list for most requested. You can find that recipe HERE. This year it was this Key Lime Cake which was requested for our Easter celebration. There wasn’t a single morsel left over.
I must confess that while Stacy bakes the cakes and makes the frostings, he lets me frost and decorate them. I consider that to be the fun part. I shaved the peeling from fresh limes and used the shavings to decorate the cake along with fresh pecan halves.
It’s an easy recipe which doesn’t take a long time to make. Let’s get right to it.
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. lime gelatin
- ¾ cup orange juice
- Mix together cake mix, oil, eggs, gelatin and orange juice until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into three 8" prepared cake pans.
- (We like to grease and flour the cake pans rather than spray them)
- Bake according to package directions on cake mix box.
- Cool and frost.
The best part of the cake is the frosting, right! You’ll want to print this recipe for Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting to hang on to for many years to come.
What is your favorite cake?
We live in Georgia where pecan orchards are everywhere so we like to cook with pecans as much as possible. Here are a few of my recipes using pecan’s.
- Pecan Apple Raisin Crescents
- Upside Down Skillet Caramelized Apple Pecan Biscuits
- Sweet & Salty Strawberry Watermelon Salad
- Pecan Glazed Green Beans
- Apple Banana Oat Nut Muffins