Campfire Grilled Chicken & Veggie Foil Packet Dinner is a fun meal to prepare as well as enjoy with friends and family.
I am seriously in summer cooking mode! Somehow, summer cooking is just a nice change of pace, isn’t it?
Today we are sharing with you a nice hearty summer meal known as either a Hobo dinner or Foil Packet dinner. Foil packet dinners are a great way to serve a nice meal without a lot of work. We like using the grill to keep from heating up the kitchen in the summer but you can cook this meal in the oven also.
Foil Packet Dinners are not only scrumptious but they are easy to clean up too!
We cook our Foil Packet Dinners on the gas grill in the summer but I also cook them in the oven the rest of the year.
- 2 Chicken Leg quarters
- ¾ cup Baby carrots
- 2 fresh ears Corn, on the cob
- ¾ cup Mushrooms, fresh
- 3 Red potatoes, small
- 1 Roma tomatoes
- 1 Sweet onion
- Lay out two large pieces of aluminum foil across one another like a cross.
- Place the seasoned leg quarters on the foil first.
- Place all the vegetables onto the top on the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pull the foil up to close one side and then the other.
- Be sure to leave a small vent for steam to escape.
- Grill until the chicken is done and vegetables are tender about 35-45 minutes.
- Can be cooked in the oven at 400° for about 35 to 45 minutes.
Note: I have found that name brand foil works best because it is thicker.
Tip: Be sure to leave a small vent for the steam to escape so there isn’t too much moisture build up inside the foil.
More from our site