- Assemble all of your cleaning products into a carrying tray with a handle.
- Carry your cleaning tray with you from room to room and always keep it next to you. If you are right handed, keep your cleaning tray on your right, and on your left if you are left handed. No more walking from one end of the house to the other to fetch a feather duster or the furniture polish (Wow, you’re using furniture polish? You really are cleaning!)
Second key factor is No Interruptions.
- No answering the phone, no texting, no TV., no conversations, no stopping to change loads in the laundry (this is house cleaning, not laundry day), no Facebook, in other words absolutely NO INTERRUPTIONS.
- Tackle each room beginning on the right and working your way around the room. This is to avoid making those time consuming extra steps which occur when there is no prescribed pattern of action.
- Carry a laundry basket with you to put those wayward items in as your go from room to room. This is to prevent you from wasting a LOT of time walking back and forth around the house putting things away during the actual cleaning process. Put it all away after the cleaning is done. Of course you could enforce martial law in your home and deprive all privileges until everything has been put away from that collection basket.
Trash management will be necessary so keep a trash bag sitting just outside the door of the room you are working in. You will carry it from one room to the next as well.
- Make less steps by carrying a cleaning try with everything you need
- No interruptions
- Start at the front door and work your way around each room in a pattern. Begin to the right and work your way back out of the room then do the same on the next room.
- Carry a laundry basket along the way to collect clutter which will be put away when the cleaning is done.
- Keep a trash bag right outside of the door and move it along the way with you.
- When you are done, you can take that trash bag out. Put the cleaning tray away and enjoy your nice clean house!
Subscribe to our Newsletter